Maintenance person required for our Somerset House Nursing Home in the beautiful village of Wheldrake near York YO19
Pay £9.50 Per Hour
Hours: 40 Hours per week, 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday
JOINING THE COUNTRY COURT CARE FAMILY
We’re passionate about providing 5* care to our residents. From bistros to pubs and cinema rooms to spas – we’ve created extraordinary care homes so we’re looking for extraordinary people to join our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE AND WHY WE’RE UNIQUE
We’re proud to be a family run business that’s grown over the years to a family of over 1800+ employees and 30+ care homes. We’re proud to be setting the bar and leading the way with exceptional care homes you’d expect for your loved ones.
Take a look at our home: http://www.countrycourtcare.co/somerset-house-nursing-home-in-york
Within your role you will take joint responsibility with the manager to ensure that your nursing home is maintained to a high standard and to ensure that the property is a safe environment for the residents and staff, conforming to the requirements as laid out under the Health and Safety legislation.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Ensure that all the property remains in a safe and structural condition and that all utilities are fully operational.
• Ensure that all tools and equipment used are stored in a safe place for the protection and safety of residents and staff and ensure that the storage of all cleaning and dangerous materials conform to the Home’s COSHH policy
• Complete the various maintenance, fire and health and safety checks as advised by the Home Manager.
• Ensure that any vehicle used to transport residents is in a safe condition and conform to legal requirements.
• Participate in the cleaning of the home by ‘being in control’ of the shampooing by using the shampooing machine on a weekly basis and or, as required to do so.
• Report daily to the Person in Charge or the maintenance book to see if any jobs need doing before commencing work.
• Carry out light plumbing, electrical and carpentry work, in line with skill levels and qualifications, as well as decorating.
• Demonstrate understanding and knowledge of a wide range of traditional building trades.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
You will ideally have knowledge of Health and Safety, particularly moving and handling techniques and COSHH assessments. A clean driving licence is also required.
YOUR REWARDS PACKAGE
You’ll be joining a family business and working alongside a real team-spirited group of people. You’ll also benefit from our generous benefits which include:
• Up to 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
• Great pay (plus annual pay reviews!)
• Exciting opportunities for career progression
• Brilliant training and development
• Refer a friend or resident bonus scheme*
• Pension contributions
• Free parking
• A range of discounts for restaurants, shops, cinemas, days out and more!
*Terms and conditions apply. Please contact us for more information.
Apply now: We’d love to hear from you
Country Court Care is an equal opportunities employer.
Please ask to see our equal opportunities policy for further information
starting at £9.50 per hour