Maintenance Person - Surrey
Salary: £12.30 per hour 40 hours per week, monthly paid
Field Lane is a national charity making a huge difference to the everyday lives of people. Our fresh approach provides a unique combination of care, accommodation and support for adults with learning disabilities and vulnerable families. We are currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Person, who will be responsible to Property and Maintenance Manager and Head of Operational Support.
The role of maintenance person is to provide a service to the day to day physical structure and equipment within Field Lane’s 9 Surrey projects and community work in liaison with the Property and Maintenance Manager, Project Managers, Registered Managers and Head of Operational Support.
• To carry out repairs to equipment and fabric within the home.
• To carry out general decorating and redecoration duties within the projects.
• To deal with minor plumbing and electrical problems/faults within the projects within reasonable a current health and safety restrictions.
• To check all electrical lights inside and outside on a regular basis.
• To carry out fire alarm testing and health and safety checks within all projects.
• To ensure that the gardens of all projects are kept free of rubbish and tidy, to include grass cutting, sweeping and general gardening duties.
• To liaise with contractors, obtain quotes and oversee works being carried out.
• To travel to community locations to advise and carry out minor repairs and installations as required.
• To be able to install self assembly kitchens in Ashdown.
• To assist with heavy cleaning within projects (i.e. carpet shampooing, moving furniture)
• Transferring and managing the storage of archive material as required.
• Visiting projects in other areas including London to carry out maintenance if required. Rail tickets will be claimed on expenses.
• To communicate and report directly to the Property and Maintenance Manager and the Head of Operational Support regarding all health, safety and maintenance issue and proposed works.
• Managing regular maintenance and responding to incidents regarding the rain water and waste water sewage pump station at Ashdown.
• Co-operating with staff teams in planning utilisation of project areas during progress of any works.
• Report problems and concerns about equipment, health and safety, people, accidents and incidents to senior staff.
• Communicate effectively with the Registered Managers, clients, Residents, Project Managers, Professionals and Senior Management Team.
• Be hospitable, friendly and inclusive to all families and visitors.
• As a member of the team, attend and participate in training and be prepared to undertake other tasks as directed or required to assist in the smooth running of the home.
• Maintain individuals’ confidentiality at all times, in accordance with Field Lane’s Confidentiality Policy.
• Complete accurate records as appropriate and required.
• Ensure that all work complies with health and safety rules and Field Lane policies and procedures.
• To support and supervise maintenance team.
• Attend supervisions, appraisals and staff meetings as required.
• Carry out any other duties consistent with the post as reasonably requested.
• Support the implementation and management of the planned maintenance for all projects.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills required
• Experience in house and garden maintenance.
• Flexible working times
• Empathy with all client groups and demonstrate patience.
• A team player, able to work effectively with others
• Able to liaise professionally with outside agencies.
• Able to organise work load.
• Willing to offer advice and attend in an emergency situation when off duty.
• Hold a valid UK driving licence and own their own car which will be used for work travelling expenses will be paid.
• Experience of project maintenance in a care setting.
• Able to work to high standards and be accountable for your actions
• Good communication skills
• Client focused, empathetic and understanding of individuals and alert their general welfare and needs
• Be non-judgemental
• The ability to follow instructions and directions
• Energetic, cheerful and with an ability and willingness to learn new skills
• Ability to remain calm in difficult situations
If you have the relevant skills and experience required, please apply ASAP.