This academically selective independent boys' school with a tradition of inspired teaching, genuine scholarship and co-curricular breadth is situated in a 70 acre campus in Dulwich, South East London.
A newly created position has arisen due to an increased demand in the services of the Maintenance department. They are currently looking to recruit an experienced manager to oversee the day to day operational management of maintenance staff and maintenance contracts to effectively deliver the school's services.
- Manage operational staff consisting of Assistant Manager, Technical Manager, Administration Team and Maintenance Operatives
- Oversee the day to day operational management of maintenance staff
- Manage effective College services through external contracts
- Ensure effective services delivery of the colleges accommodation portfolio
- Ensure effective management of maintenance budget, demonstrating value for money
- Project manage minor works as issued by Head of Maintenance or the Director of Programs and Projects
- Minimum of 3 years management experience
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in the Facilities sector
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills across a diverse range of clients
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple demands and shifting priorities
- Good interpersonal skills
- Flexible approach to working
- Self-motivated and able to show initiative
- Must be DBS cleared or be able to pass DBS clearance
- Working knowledge/training in working on a database, preferably CAFM.
- Ability to liaise with a diverse range of clients (contractors, other school departments etc).
- Qualification in NEBOSH and IWFM would be an advantage
- Membership of IWFM or CIBSE
- Experience of working in an Educational environment would be an advantage
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching and development skills.
- Demonstrable ability to lead and develop a department and department staff members
- Project management experience
- 20 days annual leave increasing to 25 with service
- Membership of the Dulwich College Sports Club
- Defined contribution Pension scheme
- Bupa Level 1 scheme
- Free meal is available at lunchtime
Closing date: 4.00pm on Friday 22 November 2019.
Sound interesting? Click APPLY to send your CV for consideration.
Candidates with previous job titles and experience including; Maintenance Engineer, Mechanical Maintenance Engineer, Mechanical Maintenance Manager, Engineer, Maintenance, Electrical Engineer, CNC, Mechanical Engineer, Tradesperson, Works Manager, Multitrader, Tradesman, Tradeswoman, Handyman, Handywoman, Handyperson may also be considered for this role.