We have an opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer to join our team based in Wigan on a full-time permanent basis working 39 hours per week Monday-Friday. In return you will receive a competitive hourly rate plus fantastic benefits.
My client is a Japanese glass manufacturer with global presence. The UK business produces fibre glass products for the wind and automotive industries.
As our Maintenance Engineer your role will be to ensure the maintenance, servicing and repair of all equipment to maintain the continuity of the manufacturing operations and the safety of production personnel.
In return as our Maintenance Engineer, you will receive:
- Pension, with matched company contributions up to 9%
- Life insurance x 7 salary
- Income protection insurance for sickness longer than 6 months
- Company sick pay after 12 months service
- 24 holidays + bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- On site gym
The Maintenance Engineer duties and key responsibilities:
- Maintaining plant and equipment throughout the site
- Working as part of a team and working alone
- Utilising own initiative to solve & rectify problems
- Closing out routine PPM work as detailed in work orders
- Recording any completed work orders and returning them to their supervisor in a timely manner
- Observing Health & Safety of themselves & colleagues always is a must
- Maintaining high standards of Housekeeping and ensuring a tidy workplace after work completion
- Fast and efficient work completion
- To promote continuous improvement work
Our ideal Maintenance Engineer will have the below skills and experience:
- Qualified to City & Guilds standard within a time served Electrical Apprenticeship
- At least five years’ experience in a maintenance environment
- Be able to follow engineering drawings and instructions
- Be able to carry out electrical duties confidently and effectively
- Basic understanding of UK health & safety requirements
- Analytical skills
- The ability to communicate effectively and constructively to both peers and management
- Good skills in all Microsoft Office tools, computers systems for example SAP etc
- Self-sufficient and ability to work under minimal direct supervision
In return you will receive a competitive hourly rate plus fantastic benefits.