POSITION: Maintenance Engineer
SALARY: Salary: £24 - £28k – OTE £30k
BENEFITS: Company Pension, 20 days annual holiday plus bank holidays
(other benefits see below)
HOURS: Full Time
LOCATION: Preston, PR1 1UN
Our client Attwater & Sons Ltd, are the longest established manufacturer and machinist of Industrial Laminate in the UK. They aren't just a supplier; they are a partner in everything from development to production. They believe their motto ‘progress through innovation' applies as much to what they do for their client's businesses as it does to their own. They are very confident it's why they are still market leaders today.
As our client continues to grow and develop their offering, an opportunity has arisen for a like-minded individual to join the team as a maintenance Engineer to look after the business and plant that produces products that are used in countless applications, from aerospace to automotive, power generation to white goods, rail and gas.
As Maintenance Engineer you will be responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the whole business from NC machines to basic plumbing. The role is based at our Preston site overseeing the day to day maintenance of a busy manufacturing unit.
The key responsibilities associated with this role are:
· Plant and building maintenance
· Controlling the daily preventative maintenance schedule of the manufacturing plant
· Liaising and controlling third party engineers or contractors for work beyond our scope
· Provide support to departments or teams like H & S or Technical
· Procurement for the maintenance department
· Reporting directly to the board of directors
· Representation for company at offsite events and seminars
· Mentoring an apprentice
The Maintenance Engineer will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
· A proven track record of scheduled maintenance control
· BOAS training
· Electrical or mechanical training or experience
· Building / roofing knowledge
· IT, PLC networking knowledge
· Working at height with PASMA and IPAF
· Driving Licence and FLT licence would be an advantage
· Common sense approach to problem solving
· Professional and approachable personality
· Focused can do attitude
· A team player who can efficiently manage their own time and that of their staff
· Proficient in Microsoft products
Our offer to you:
In addition to an experienced based salary for a 38 hr week, working hours are Monday to Thursday 07:00 to 15:30 with 30mins Lunch Break and Friday 07:00 to 13:00 the Maintenance Engineer will be provided with 20 days annual holiday plus bank holidays, an enhanced contribution into a Personal Pension Plan, profit share scheme and a sick pay scheme are available. Training will be offered in areas where necessary.
In order to apply please send a C.V and covering letter by clicking on the apply button below.
Keywords: Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Fitter, Engineering, Manufacturing jobs, Engineering Jobs