In this challenging, satisfying role, you'll help to make sure our Regional Distribution Centre and its machinery and different alarms are working perfectly.
Our warehouses are vast and complex, so looking after the building (and its equipment) is a huge and varied task. But for someone with your determination and love of a job well done, you're more than happy to get stuck in. Day-to-day, you'll maintain and repair mechanical equipment and installations, as well as carry out checks that are crucial to site health and safety. But it doesn't stop there. With our guidance and training, you could progress to more technical, mechanical and electrical equipment. So there are loads of opportunities to ensure that our business runs smoothly.
Transport Refrigeration Engineer
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Transport Refrigeration Engineer to join the team at the Goldthorpe Distribution Centre. Salary £12.63 - £14.33phr.
• Carry out routine maintenance and repairs and repairs to defected vehicles
• Completion of thorough safety checks and preparing vehicles for MOT
• Working to DVSA standards and ensuring a high standard is maintained
• Working alongside your Direct Leader to assist in forward planning, service Rota’s, day to day running of the VMU and providing cover in their absence.
• Technical qualification (City & Guilds or NVQ qualified technician).
• F-Gas Certified (preferred but not essential)
• Experience in servicing and maintenance of large goods vehicles
• LGV C + E license beneficial, (preferred but not essential)
• Ability to work within a fast paced environment and meet set deadlines
• Competent in the use of MS Office (Excel, Word and Outlook)
• Adhering to H&S and environmental regulations
• £12.46 - £12.90 per hour rising to £13.48 - £14.61 after 1 year (Days)
• £14.71 - £15.23 per hour rising to £15.91 - £17.24 after 1 year (Nights)
• Time and a half on bank holidays
• 5-day/40-hour week (typically), will include weekends but regular shift patterns and consistent hours
• 4 weeks’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays rising to 5 weeks’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays after 2 years
• Workplace pension contribution (T's & C's apply)
• Company sick pay scheme
• Company maternity, paternity and adoption leave after 2 years'
• A variety of Aldi Perks including bike to work scheme, discounted gym passes, accommodation, travel, cinema and family day out tickets
• A paid-for medical every five years
*regional differences apply