Job title: Maintenance Area Manager
Location: Tilbury, Essex
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Here at Amazon we are looking to hire an experienced Maintenance Area Manager to join the team in one of our highly automated and fast paced Fulfilment Centres (FC).The Maintenance Area Manager is the line manager for a team of engineering technicians. They maintain the focus on safety by training, developing and coaching their team. They deliver a high level of equipment availability by ensuring all preventative maintenance is conducted and internal processes and procedures are followed.
Maintenance Area Manager Responsibilities:
- Lead, support and mentor the team by finding barriers that prevent them from working in a safe, standard and efficient manner. Work with the team and the wider network to harness the technical expertise available and build solutions.
- Support the Reliability Maintenance Engineering Manager as they work with the site Safety department & Site Leadership to implement, record and audit safety and statutory compliance programmes to provide a safe working environment for all staff.
- Implement network standards and focus on preventative maintenance to provide a high level of equipment availability to our internal customers.
- Ensure sufficient technical coverage is available for the shifts they own by managing and driving the training programme for the team.
- Manage local projects or support EU level projects as assigned by the manager.
- Be prepared to work on shift to maintain a strong connection to the team and daily work.
Maintenance Area Manager basic Qualifications:
- Degree or NVQ Level 4 in a relevant engineering discipline or served a full engineering indentured apprenticeship. Multi-skilled in both electrical and mechanical disciplines.
- Significant practical engineering experience including a supervisory role managing people.
- Experience of automated equipment including packaging machinery, sortation and conveyor systems.
- Excellent communications skills (written & verbal) in English.
- Experience of working to appropriate health & safety standards and regulations.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, CAD).
Maintenance Area Manager preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working with PLC based control systems.
- Project Management experience.
- Knowledge of CMMS programmes.
- Experience with Kaizen and Continuous Improvement Process.
About our Rewards:
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary, stock units and site performance-related pay potential, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount. Additionally, you will find yourself in a stimulating environment where you can develop processes as well as yourself as an individual by working with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry. Our rapidly growing organisation also offers many opportunities for building a diverse and rewarding career.
To apply for this position, please click on the apply button!
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Amazon takes data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal information in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process. If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal information with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
Competitive Salary & Benefits