Machinist - Our client are niche market leaders in the manufacturing and remanufacturing of steering and hydraulic components for commercial, off-highway, military and passenger vehicles. They are now looking for a Machinist to join their team based in North Walsham, on a full-time permanent basis, paying up to £13.00 per hour.
As a result of a continued and sustained growth, our client is seeking to expand the Machine Shop with this multi-skilled role to support our Manufacture and Re-Manufacturing machining requirements. Reporting to the Machine Shop Supervisor, you will be able to program, set and run CNC machines (primarily FANUC controlled) whilst also being able to set and operate manual machines.
As part of your Machinist role, your key responsibilities / duties will include:
- Manual Turning (Primary duty)
- Manual Milling (Primary duty)
- CNC Milling (Secondary Duty - Setting & Running)
- CNC Turning (Secondary Duty - Setting & Running)
Skills and Attributes:
- Proven experience in the machining of metallic components, particularly cast iron, carbon steel, stainless steel and aluminium, able to manufacture to engineering drawings.
- Conversant with industry standard measuring instrumentation to perform in process inspection checks.
- Confident in manufacturing to tight tolerances.
- Ambitious character traits with a "can do” attitude and drive to embrace and promote company vision goals & expectations.
- Good communication skills, written & verbal
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Can work as part of a team or on own initiative
- The ability to read, write and understand English.
This is a full-time permanent position and are offing an hourly rate up to £13 per hour depending on experience. Hours of work are 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am to 4.00pm Friday. Additional benefits include 33 days' holiday per annum (including bank holidays), on-site parking, stakeholder pension scheme etc.
If you have all the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our company, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter, who provide recruitment services in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Manual Machinist, Centre Lathe, Turner
By applying for this role, you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information provided for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider will not submit or use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will also request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any other recruiting company who are working directly with Spider for recruitment advertising purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your dream job or offering career related advice.
33 days holiday (including bank holidays), parking, pension