CNC Machine Shop Manager
A CNC Machine Shop Manager is required for our well-established and highly reputable manufacturing company. We are a leading Foundry & manufacturing partner to the following industries: Automotive, Motorsport, Aerospace, Military, Electronic, Renewable Energy, Marine, and Broadcast & Medical.
Role and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Operations Manager. As a successful CNC Machine shop Manager you will manage and take responsibility for the machine shop on a day-to-day basis, ensuring efficiencies and effective operations. Candidates must have strong management background in engineering and manufacturing environment. This is a fast paced role, requiring a calm approach and ability to think flexibly. You must be able to demonstrate excellent planning and organisational functions.
- Ensuring production targets and production targets are met, monitor performance
- Identify productivity, quantity and quality for inspection
- Finding solutions and identifying potential problems in advance, creating a plan with the production team and staff
- Facilitate department's Productivity & Quality enhancement.
- Work to eliminate future problems to enhance effectiveness and efficiencies
- Be able to communicate, lead and motivate staff to work to high standards, deadlines and targets
- Work alongside Senior Management team, action directives as set and use your own initiative
- Effective communication channels with all Management and staff is essential
- Ensuring consistency of CNC programming
- Training of machinists to improve skill set of employee's
- Develop programming skills with production team and engineers
- Support Production planning schedule with Foundry and Machine shop departments
- Monitor and plan scheduled machine maintenance.
Skills and experience:
- Proven track record at managerial level within a busy machine shop
- HNC equivalent or higher in an engineering, or management subject
- Strong working knowledge of modern CNC VMC's HMC's with Fanuc and Heidenhain controls
- Knowledge of ISO quality systems, ISO 9001
- Ability to programme and set 3/4 axis VMC's and good understanding turning would be advantageous
- Experience in lean manufacturing techniques
- Experience in training and developing a team
This is a permanent role with excellent opportunities for a career and offers great future prospects within.
Accredited to ISO 9001: 2015
£35,000.00 - £45,000.00 per year