The Senior manager Retail marketing is responsible fordeveloping and executing M.A.C brand retail marketing strategy for the UK Ireland. This includes 3 key focus areas:
- Top 10doors Free Standing Stores marketing strategy,
- In-storeVisual Merchandising strategy
- Events:in-store events distortion as well as Brand events
The purpose of the role is to position M.A.C as a keypartner towards our retailers in line with the brand objectives as well asdrive brand distortion through strong event strategy and execution.
Working inpartnership with our flagship retailers and Free Standing Stores the Seniormanager Retail Marketing is responsible for enhancing consumer experience andconnection to the brand shaping and driving bespoke omni-channel retailmarketing plans across the UK Ireland, this to ensure strong commercialmomentum.
You will provide the business visibility on retail marketing plans anddirection onto opportunities and risks. Monitor marketing performanceper doors identifying best practices and influencing future plans, drivingrevenue growth through marketing. Fully responsible for the Event, VM andRetail marketing budget
Key roles and responsibilities, include:
- Using insights into consumers’ profile and behaviours define a compelling marketing strategy for M.A.C top 10 doors to increase consumers’ engagement and conversion to the M.A.C brand in our top doors
- Shape and execute the retail marketing plan across UK Ireland region.
- Drive M.A.C brand awareness across our key retailers positioning M.A.C as a key partner to work with
- Manage and provide direction to the FSS Retail manager to ensure strong execution of M.A.C strategy in FSS in line with the Brand commercial objectives
- Create marketing plans for individual top 10 doors (incl. Selfridges, Harrods and M.A.C Free Standing Stores)
- Lead and Coordinate the creation and delivery of marketing materials and content for Retailers and FSS.
- Analytics: conduct competitors audits and benchmarking, trend tracking to identify risks and opportunities and shape retail marketing plans accordingly
- Report on data and industry trends relating to retail categories
- Set up best practice and reporting system in order to provide the business with a consolidated view of the retail marketing plans efficiencies and effectiveness
- Ensure smooth adaptation and integration of globally created content into M.A.C marketing plans with key retailers. Drive adaptation of Global content toolbox into Marketing retail plans and execution.
- Drive retailer local content creation to overcome any gaps left by Global content or build on a local opportunity
- Responsible for content planning and management of the Brand Editorial content calendar
- Delivers a fully integrated plan ensuring strong coordination and alignment with the online team
- Act as the Point of contact for Retail marketing direction working with key content stakeholders (Sales, Artistry and Development team, PRComs…)
- Track campaigns and content performance per door to create a framework highlighting best practices
- Define and drive M.A.C retailers’ exclusive programs as well the retailer programs, including special events and Free Standing Stores retail marketing plans for M.A.C.
- Define and drive an efficient Brand and retail event strategy anchored around two pillars: Content creation, sales activation
- Manage the event manager to ensure strong delivery of this strategy and plan across: FSS and Retailers in-store distortion as well as Brand events
- Responsible to elevate and drive the overall in-store retail experience (VM) for MAC in UK Ireland to deliver on business objective.
- Responsible for VM of new counter launches as well as current counter maintenance, optimization and redesign in line with the business roadmap.
- Manage, motivate and develop a team of 6 with 3 direct reports
- Previous experience working as a retail marketing manager
- Previous experience in Event and Visual Merchandising.
- Strong commercial outlook and an ability to drive revenue growth through marketing.
- Strong leadership experience
- Highly motivated and passionate about retail marketing.
- Result driven
- Solid understanding of analytics
- Reporting and ownership of budget
- Experience of global brands an advantage