- A discretionary annual bonus
- 25 days holiday, with the option to buy an additional 5 days
- 20% M&S discount
- market leading pension scheme
- Building rapport with our retail customers on the shop floor and educating them on M&S bank products and services.
- Pro-actively engage with M&S retail colleagues and build working relationships with retail assistants and store management to support the growth of our business.
- You will be expected to educate customers on the benefits of our credit card and spend time taking them through the application process answering any queries they have.
- Developing meaningful relationships, focusing on growing revenue for our business through service quality and expert banking advice. You will give solutions that are right for our customers and support their life style.
- Acting as the first point of resolution for M&S Bank complaints from retail staff and customers.
- Working to performance expectations set out by the Bank Manager.
- Supporting the development of employees skills & knowledge compatible with the requirements of the branch
- Constantly identifying ways to make banking simpler for our customers and proactively raising ideas and solutions to support the customer build a strong brand.
- A proven record of excellence in a customer facing role – whether that’s from a retail role or within another service-focused industry such as sales, hospitality, contact centre or banking.
- An understanding of operational procedures in a banking environment
- The confidence and empathy to understand the unique needs of a wide range of customers, and the integrity to always put their needs first
- The influencing and communication skills to present solutions to meet customers’ needs simply and effectively “
- The ability to coach your colleagues as you learn, sharing your expertise and helping them to reach their full potential
- Ability to self-manage your time and be adaptable to changing working environments.
- Experience in working towards performance expectations.
At HSBCwe look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life prioritiesand have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progressthrough different life stages. Where possible we will consider the followingflexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working,and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBCyou have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements pleasediscuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the applicationprocess.
As abusiness operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity bringsbenefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK iscommitted to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from allsuitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age,disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexualorientation.
We wanteveryone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a rangeof flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.