Job Title – Logistics Planning and Support Manager
Reports into – Head of Logistics
Workplace – Kensington with some remote working.
The job holder will support the Head of Logistics in overseeing the logistics operations of Mail Newspapers with the other members of the Logistics Team. They will assist in the planning of all of the logistics operations whilst meeting the strategy of the company.
- To assist the distribution all products handled by Mail Newspapers
- Will be responsible for the achievement of the Logistics Budgets
- Will be responsible with producing robust print scenario planning and recommendations of outputs.
- Will be responsible for the development and implementation of modelling and routing tools as are required to deliver the print scenarios and recommendations.
- Will be responsible for delivering Cost analysis and reporting for the Logistics section.
- Will be responsible for Route efficiency analysis and recommended outputs.
- Will be responsible for Measuring Mail newspapers inbound performance to agreed industry measures.
- Will be responsible for supplier & internal system development to improve information flow and stream line process.
- Will be responsible for Measuring contractual KPI & SLA performance with our suppliers.
- To work closely with our production team ensuring reporting accuracy
- To support the rest of the logistics team and support operations where required.
Candidate Key requirements
Ability to debate issues / Proposals and build relationships with peers and senior colleagues and have a strong technical skill base with knowledge of logistics, production/regulatory processes,
The candidate should have strong presentation skills.
Ability to analyse and manage data to trend and provide information for the development of business cases or improved services and efficiencies
Ability to Initiate and implement continuous improvement initiatives and change processes in line with our operations
Able to make decisions and evaluate the consequence in terms of resources, finances and capacities and present this appropriately
Proactively and positively contribute to the improvement of the Logistics Operations
To be a strategic thinker and to be able to manage change processes
Good time management and the ability to work to fixed timelines.