EntitySafran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification of electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 12,400 employees across 12 different countries.
Main domain/Job field
Production - Supply chain
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Part time / Full time
Number of hours per week
The Logistics Manager directs and coordinates all aspects of material movement across the Pitstone site (MRO, Spares & OE), including receiving, issuing to production, despatch and outbound logistics to end customers. In addition, the role requires adherence to physical inventory management procedures, including stock take and cycle count. Furthermore, the job is required to develop goals, objectives and a performance management framework that supports the overall business strategy.
• Responsible for direct leadership and management of a team of Logistics co-ordinators
• Direct responsibility for management of packaging and Capital Expenditure in support of the Operation. Indirect control of Logistics costs, however, should be able to provide recommendations on logistics solutions to minimise cost to the business.
• Responsible for two direct reports in Pitstone and 23 employees in total. This includes the indirect management of 4 Logistics coordinators in our facility in Sarasota, Florida
• Volume of daily transactions are in the region of 1,800 across receiving, picking, packing, cycle counting, etc.
• Leads and provides general direction of all Logistics staff;
• Manages workload and resources in line with operational priorities;
• Ensures business strategy is flowed down and understood by logistics personnel at an operational level;
• Drives maximum efficiency and productivity of resources by developing a continuous improvement culture;
• Motivates and leads staff in organising, prioritising, and scheduling to ensure that desired results are achieved in day-to-day operations;
• Executes inventory objectives in terms of cycle counting and stock take to meet the business requirements;
• Maintains customer satisfaction through constant communication of quality, delivery and service to internal customers;
• Work in partnership with the Planning, Purchasing and Operations Managers to deliver best in class logistics service;
• Management of OPEX budget and CAPEX expenditure
• Develops and implements LEAN and Six Sigma initiatives; CI activity in line with business and Customer objectives;
• Defines and implements changes to improve processes and procedures;
• Coordinates process improvement activities with Safran + Manager;
• Identifies trends and addresses performance issues using daily, weekly and monthly KPI reporting and monitoring;
• Work with internal and external stakeholders to drive best logistics solutions for the business;
• Complies with established policies and legal obligations to mitigate company risk;
• Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the safety, health and environmental program and culture;
• Ensures compliance to all HSE goals & objectives including risk management mitigation
• Drives strict adherence and improvement to 6S rules and performance.
Other duties may be assigned.
Key performance measures;
• Productivity and efficiency of resources.
• Adherence to agreed service levels for material distribution to the Spares, MRO and OE businesses.
• Adherence to HSE requirements.
Candidate skills & requirements
• Experience of working within a manufacturing or production environment in a maintenance engineer capacity.
• Completed apprenticeship (NVQ level 3), HNC or HND in an appropriate engineering discipline or equivalent.
• Multi-skilled background (both mechanical and electrical).
• Capable of reading circuit diagram mechanical and electrical
• Excellent fault-finding skills, with an analytical approach to problem solving.
• Knowledge and application of maintenance management systems.
• Preferably previous experience of leading and coordinating a team with good communication skills.
• Able to champion and show full endorsement of business goals and objectives.
• Demonstrated high levels of ‘change energy' to continually motivate team towards change implementation, with proven knowledge of improvement methods
• Capable of interpreting KPI's and developing appropriate actions.
• A keenly developed sense of right first time attitude towards maintenance and quality.
• Good communication skills and ability to build relationships at all levels.
• Positive attitude with ability to adopt ‘hands-on' approach.
• Good time management is key with excellent organisation and planning skills.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft applications particularly PowerPoint, Word and Excel and the ability to analyse data and produce detailed reports.
• Working knowledge of Lean principles and how to deploy them effectively.
• Evidence of written English at interview stage. This will be through providing certification of a formal English or technical qualification studied in the UK or overseas in English. If this cannot be provided you will be required to complete and pass an online SHL English comprehension test as part of the interview process.
Europe, UK, England, London