£24,000 to £29,000 Plus Benefits
48 hours per week, 5 days out of 7 - Rochester, Kent
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and are one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. We use smart people and smart technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
To support a major Change project currently taking place across our business, we have a fantastic opportunity for a Logistics Foreman at our Logistics Unit in Kent.
This role will competently supervise Logistic Driver and Loader activities within Kent and ensure that they are carried out in a safe, professional, economical and timely manner in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures.
We are looking for someone who can understand the vision and direction of the business to plan and control team operations ensuring the co-operation and co-ordination of all required activities to maximise efficiencies and profitability.
The role demands great communication and facilitation skills, together with a keen eye for detail. Great planning and organizational skills are essential in order to effectively prioritise tasks within a high-pressure environment.
Our Logistics Foreman will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that frontline drivers and loaders drive and operate vehicles and plant to the greatest profitability and efficiency to instructions from the Logistics Office in accordance with legal requirements, Company policy and customer demands.
- Providing driving cover where necessary and instruct / assess other drivers on how to maximise fleet efficiency and minimise costs within the parameters of current Logistics legislation.
- Adhering to instructions from the Logistics office.
- Carrying out other duties as required.
- Ensuring the safe, efficient and profitable operation of the collection fleet in conjunction with the Logistics office.
Our ideal Logistics Foreman will have:
- Full CPC National for road transport or working towards it, with completion within 12 months of appointment
- IOSH managing safely or equivalent
- High level of education
- Proven ability to deliver improvements in all areas of responsibility
- Knowledge of fleet operating systems
Rewards and Benefits
In return for your hard work as our Logistics Foreman, we can offer a Competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including pension, healthcare and a range of flexible benefits.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click APPLY! You will be redirected to the company website to register and complete your application for the role of Logistics Foreman.
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.