BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD, WEST LONDON
REPORTING TO HEAD OF LOCALISATION
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our five development studios spanning the UK, Bulgaria, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, Amplitude Studios, Two Point Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based in London, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a hardworking bunch of people spanning Tech, Sales, Marketing, Finance, QA and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours…
- For our gaming buffs, you can get involved in our lunchtime gaming sessions in our games lounge, regular gaming tournaments and free SEGA games on Steam
- If you're more of a foodie, you can take advantage of Icecream Wednesdays or our fresh fruit and cereal every single day
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership, ride to work scheme, workout area and bootcamps in the park. You can find your zen with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be
- We hold regular lunch & learn sessions, company updates at the world-famous BAFTA theatre in Central London and Summer and Christmas parties that you’ll want to brag to your mates about! What’s not to love?
- We pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of the office
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
The Localisation Project Manager will manage localisation projects from beginning to end, working closely with development teams, producers, localisation engineer, translators, audio teams, LQA, and other internal SEGA departments. You will be responsible for the successful delivery and international release of the games assigned to you. For that, you’ll be developing specific project plans and workflows according to developers’ key requirements and schedules, managing time, budget, resources and quality control of the projects efficiently.
- Full ownership of the Localisation Plan from beginning to end: project schedules, resource planning, engineering, audio production, preparation of the localisation kit, terminology management, translation memories, etc.
- Work closely with development teams to understand key project requirements and continuously drive up quality and efficiency. Provide regular reports to key stakeholders on progress and work status, escalating issues and evaluating required support.
- Managing files through MemoQ to ensure a smooth translation process.
- Ensure the highest level of language quality for all our products.
- Build strong and effective relationships with external providers of audio and localisation, ensuring communication is fluent and that SLAs are met. Provide quality reviews and continuous feedback.
- Keep control of localisation project budgets, providing forecasts, tracking cost and project statistics, ensuring correct and timely issue of purchase orders and invoices.
- Analyse localisation project risks, monitoring potential cultural or technical issues, identify causes and defining mitigation and preventative action.
- Lead project localisation meetings and regular calls with key stakeholders, including project kick-off meetings, LQA meetings and perform post-mortems, while ensuring meetings are recorded and minutes distributed.
- Managing localisation requests from other business units (marketing, brand, PR, LiveOps, etc).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree (ideally in localisation, linguistics) or equivalent experience
- In-depth knowledge of game internationalisation and localisation
- Ideally, 5 years of experience directly related to localisation project management (preferably in the games industry)
- Proficiency and extensive experience in the use of CAT tools is required (MemoQ)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical mind, excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Quality and detail-oriented
- Strong team player in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines under pressure
- Excellent IT skills
- Financial acumen (forecasting, budget tracking, management of POs and invoices)
- Understanding of test management tools (Jira)