Do you have a passion for cars and an interest in anything that has wheels and an engine?
Have you ever considered becoming a Loader Operator?
Copart UK Limited is a critical outsource partner to all the UK motor insurance companies, providing essential services that relate to the UK transport infrastructure by collecting, transporting and storing accident damaged vehicles. Copart is also intrinsic to the waste management, recycling and disposal of end of life vehicles which has been deemed critical and therefore are able to remain fully operational whilst ensuring social distancing measures are met, during the current COVID-19 pandemic.
As a Loader Operator working at Copart, you will handle all types and models of vehicles, from Fords to Ferraris, from BMWs to Bugatti's'. Each vehicle is unique, and each day brings a new challenge.
This is a fantastic opportunity within our Whitburn Operations Centre for an individual with a keen interest in vehicles to work alongside a team of committed individuals who support each other like family.
If you are looking for an opportunity with a successful global company, with genuine opportunities to further your career and succeed - then we are a company that want to help you, guide you and inspire you to achieve your full potential. You will receive all the training you need to succeed.
Our Loader Operators play a key role in the success of the business by performing the following duties:
- Ensures vehicles are maintained according to Company standards and customer requirements.
- Provides basic facility maintenance including cleaning, basic repair and yard upkeep.
- Records vehicle information accurately and legibly.
- Operates digital cameras and other basic vehicle documentation and tracking devices.
- Uses a JCB 416 Articulated Loader and Tractor to move motor vehicles as required and/or directed.
- Provides excellent customer service as required and directed.
- Maintains a positive attitude and professional demeanour.
- Follows Health & Safety, and Company guidelines, to maintain a safe and efficient working environment.
Such other duties as requested by your line manager.
So, if you want:
- Monday to Friday Working.
- 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays.
- Employee benefits scheme providing discounts at many high street retailers.
- Discounted Employee Share Purchase Plan.
- Contributory Personal Pension Plan.
- Company Sick Pay (after qualifying period).
- Family Events.
….as well as a uniform and on-going support with personal development, apply today!
Yard Operative | Operative | Operations | Grounds Operations | On Site | Forklift Truck | Yardsman | JCB 416 | Customer Service | Communication | Rough Terrain Forklift Truck Licence | Health & Safety
- Excellent customer service skills and attitude.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- 1 year + of work experience, preferably in an outdoor environment.
- Rough Terrain Forklift Truck Licence (Appropriate training will be given to obtain Front Shovel Loader Licence).
- JCB 416 Articulated Loader Experience.
- Able to multi-task in a fast paced, commercial environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to operate basic equipment.
Copart was founded in the USA in 1982. Copart is a NASDAQ listed company and currently operates in more than 200 locations in 11 countries and has over 125,000 vehicles up for auction every day. With locations throughout Asia, North and South America, the Middle East and Europe, including 16 locations across the UK we are a fast-paced, growing and exciting business auctioning in excess of 400,000 vehicles per year through our online auction technology in the UK alone.
We work with many of the world's leading insurance, finance houses, banks, and automotive dealers, fleet and rental car companies who rely on the combination of our advanced technology, robust processes and our people to deliver industry-leading performance. Our continued investment in innovation and our customer-centric approach means we deliver bespoke solutions tailored to the specific needs of all our clients, and Copart is looking for the right people to join our team.
Copart is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and to avoiding unlawful discrimination in all aspects of employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our Organisation.
18,450.00 - 18,450.00 per year
see job spec
see job spec