Load Inspector - Do you have a passion for logistics? Can you develop good relationships with customers and suppliers? P&O Ferrymasters are currently recruiting for a Load Inspector to be based in Holywell.
As Load Inspector you will be responsible for ensuring compliance of visiting LGV road hauliers. Other responsibilities will include:
- Meet and greet incoming LGV haulier drivers, conduct site inductions and safety briefings
- Manage traffic flows and enforce Load Safe and Load Restraint standards
- Supervise and control haulier drivers while on site
- Assist LGV drivers in preparing trailers for loading
- Prior to loads leaving site, confirm correct loading configuration and inspect load restraint application and where necessary assist drivers with positioning of straps and edge protection
- Complete reports regarding non-conformance
As Load Inspector your Skills and experience would be:
- Significant experience of dealing with different nationality drivers and able to communicate effectively to instruct drivers how to secure the load correctly. You are a patient person who has a welcoming and pleasant demeanour.
- Knowledge of H&S requirements and good practices in the road haulage industry, e.g. HSE legislative regulations
- Knowledge of LGV driver procedures and types of trailers
- Multilingual, particularly Eastern European (not essential but would be an advantage)
- PC literate
- A clean driving licence
This is a full time position of 45 hours per week based in Holywell. On offer is a competitive salary and a fantastic opportunity to join a vibrant company who pride themselves on their service. If you are interested in this role and have the relevant skills please apply by forwarding your CV.
No Recruitment Agencies please
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiter and Online Job Advertiser. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Keywords: load inspector, loader, LGV, logistics, H&S, trailers, loading
By applying for this role you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information provided in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider Web Recruitment will not submit or use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment.