Litigation Solicitor - Spalding
The ideal candidate will need experience working specifically within litigation preferably within the food/meat industry. They will be working with the partner that deals with the Agricultural industry.
Non – Negotiable
- 2-3 years Commercial Litigation Experience – preferably within food industry.
- Candidate needs to be qualified/working for a top 150 law firm.
- Energetic candidate who is happy to work in a busy role e.g. the candidate will be dealing with cases with £150,000 fee’s. The candidate will need to be able to handle pressure. If the candidate is newly qualified they would need to be a self-starter.
- Has to to have commercial experience.
- Want someone with a specialist banground - No generalist backgrounds.
- Candidates from a Russel Universtiy
- Good Quality of Work - Great work life balance and Spalding as a whole is agreat place for young families to settle.
- For relocation - Spalding has really good grammar schools
- The Peterborough office is just a 45 minute commute from London.
- Very flexible on where candidates can work.
- 5% of salary bonus
- 50% off gym membership
- Vitality health care - add family members 75%
- Sick pay
- Relocation packages - 8K - this includes help with schools and accommoation etc.
- Every other week a qualified reflexologist & masseuse vist Spalding office.
- A dry cleaning service will visit the Spalding office.
- £1250 towards legal fee's - ie will/house purchasing
Personal Health Insurance: Non-contributory benefit of up to 75% of your income (less State benefits) for a period of up to 3 years in the event of serious and long-term illness (subject to indemnity being accepted by the Firm’s insurer).”
Team set up
- Spalding office - 180
- Nottingham office - 10
- Peterborough - 12
- Alconbury - 4
- Depending on the role, there is flexibilty on which office to work out of.
- £45,000 - £50,000
Working hours: 9-5.30pm Mon-Thurs, 9-5pm Friday.
Preferably we would like the candidate to spend their time at the office, but there is flexibility, potential from working at home/Alconbury office.
The department consists of around 15 people made up of 4 partners, 1 associate, 2 solicitors, trainees and secretaries.
The space is open plan, shared with the company commercial team.
The team ranges between 23-35 years old.
Very social bunch, regular outings for drinks and social events.
- Common law and statutory property claims, including breach of covenants, injunctions, removal of trespassers, landlord and tenant disputes as well as boundary disputes
- Experience in other forms of commercial Litigation, regulatory, contentious probate, shareholder and partnership disputes and employment litigation
- Provide legal advice to a range of clients, including the negotiation and drafting of documentation
- Carrying out in an effective, efficient and timely manner the various stages of legal proceedings with the aim of protecting the interests of the client
- Assuming responsibility for important elements of the work that is handled by a designated Partner
- Operating effectively with clients and their professional and financial advisers – managing specific fields
- Working under the direction of a Partner and receiving assignments with specified objectives
- Management of Client/matter files
- Management of fee income and collection of bills.
Skills and Experience
Qualified Solicitor of between NQ and 5 years PQE
- Assist and supervise Trainees and Paralegals
- Experience of working in Litigation department, across a range of clients, handling a diverse range of issues
- A strong desire to learn and widen knowledge
- Ability to act independently to a reasonably high level, but also to work with more experience Partners and Fee Earners on more complex and specialised matters as required
- Experience of building relationships with both new and existing clients and professionals including a natural ability to promote marketing and business development initiatives in a dynamic way
- Good communication skills in order to explain legal matters clearly to clients
- Discretion and the ability to respect client confidentiality
- Tackles tasks in a structured manner to ensure completion to a high standard
- Solid organisation and time management skills
- Experience of working in a team and the ability to develop relationships with colleagues
- Proven attention to detail and drafting skills
- Sound problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt to a broad range of situations and circumstances and remain calm under pressure
- Strong technical knowledge in Property Litigation
5 years PQE, assist and supervise Trainees and Paralegals, Litigation department,
Salary additional info: Excellent Benefits Package