Do you have what it takes to be an Licenced Security Officer with Securitas?
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Licensed Security Officer to join our dynamic team on site at one or our clients premisis. This role is perfect for anyone who is looking to stay within the Security industry or looking to start a new career in Security.
Although demanding, a Security Officer role with Securitas will allow you to demonstrate your exemplary customer service skills as you engage with customers, clients and visitors. throughout each shift, whilst remaining alert to security issues and keeping everyone safe.
The main duties and responsibilities are as follows: -
Protection of Property and Premises
- Provide a high quality of service at any given location assigned to monitor and intercede any potential risks or threats to both the location, its assets and people
- Complete investigation reports
- Complete periodic searches in line with SSP (Site Security Plan)
- To be fully conversant with the SSP (Site Security Plan), AI's and IT systems
- Patrolling of site in accordance with AI's
- Traffic management, including vehicle and load inspections, trespass and protest activity.
Health and Safety
- Prevent and deter unauthorised access to site. Monitor and respond to all alarm activations
- Ensure health and safety procedures are always followed. Record and report all faults, health and safety hazards and unsafe working practices to supervisor or manager.
- Report and record all accidents and incidents in accordance with the AI's
- Ensure all walkways and emergency escapes are always kept clear.
- Report any usage of First Aid equipment and shortfalls in the contents of First Aid boxes
- Notify the Securitas Operations Centre (SOC) in the event of any emergencies and follow the instructions given
- Investigate the cause of all fire alarm activations
Prevent Loss and Waste
- Report instances of property at risk of being lost, stolen, damaged and/or vandalised
- During patrols, switch off unnecessary lights and close windows
Prevent and Deter Crime
- Operate body worn cameras, radios, pagers, clocking equipment and any other physical security equipment used on site
- Operation of surveillance and communications equipment
- Carry out random pass checks upon access to site
- Carry out initial investigations and report both verbally and in writing on incidents, suspicious activities, objects and vehicles
- Maintain the highest level of customer service
- Display the highest standards of personal presentation and smartness of uniform to maintain the image of Securitas and the client
- Take responsibility for problems that may arise with the client, client's employees and visitors
- Answer telephone calls professionally and in accordance with the AI's
- Assist the TGMO's with the Access and Egress of employees, visitors and contractors to site during peak times
- Identify opportunities for improving practices and processes and enter the details in the Ideas Book.
- Book on at the beginning of each shift and make check calls in accordance with Company policy
- Any other Ad-hoc duties requested in relation to manning levels and EK/HS2 requirements and emergency situations
- Must be working towards acquiring a valid SIA Licence.
- Must have the right to work in the UK
- Have a five year checkable employment history or be able to produce documentary evidence of any period of unemployment, self-employment or full and part-time education during that period.
- No current criminal convictions.
To work with us you will need to be confident, articulate and communicate well both orally and in written language. You will need to be able to get to different sites as required, so either have your own transport or be in an area with good public transport links.
- Security experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Basic knowledge of computers
With our roots dating back to 1934, Securitas is one of the largest Security Service organisations in the world specialising in protecting Corporate Organisations, SME's and the public. We boast a workforce of 370,000 employees worldwide with 10,000 employees in the UK alone.
Securitas are redefining the way that Security Officers are perceived within the security sector and unlike other security companies, we are driving solutions that combine people technology and knowledge rather than just static guarding. We are establishing a reputation that is second to none as we integrate with the operations teams within hundreds of high-profile companies.
Securitas is a company where you can come to develop a career, with access to training and the ability to gain qualifications, you can grow in confidence and take on more responsibility. Our people are empowered and are not micro-managed We trust people to do a good job and make a difference every day. And we recognise our employee's efforts and achievements through our 'you make a difference awards' and quarterly 'community award' schemes.
10.82 - 12.57 per hour