Covance have an exciting opportunity for a Licensed Animal Technician to join their growing team based in Harrogate.
Job Title: Licensed Animal Technician
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Covance is a leading global drug development services company and we provide support to the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries.
We are currently recruiting for 2 Licensed Animal Technicians with DART (developmental and reproductive toxicology) experience. We are striving to become a centre of excellence within DART and being part of ground breaking research. The successful applicant will be covering all life phases within the DART work and be involved in a large variety of studies, clients and techniques. In this role you will be encouraged to attend conferences and/or external meetings to further develop in your career and your training program will be specially developed after your own skill set. This role is a full-time position based in Harrogate, North Yorkshire.
Licensed Animal Technician – Duties:
The role of the Licensed Animal Technician within the DART team is primarily concerned with the day to day husbandry/care of animals within the Animal House Operations and the collection/ recording of scientific data. You will be joining the team at an exciting time where we are looking to expand our DART team and you will have the ability to specialize in behavioral testing, Morris Maze or the Auditory Startle Reflex to mention a few.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Performing regulated procedures under UK legislation and maintains technical competences. (including a significant number of Level 1 and Level 2 procedures). For example litter data, estro smear, juvenal dosing and embryo fetal development
- Assisting with routine surgical procedures as necessary
- Working in conjunction with Study Associates and Team Leaders to ensure efficient scheduling of level 1 & 2 study related procedures
- Communicating specific technical requirements to team members working on allocated studies
- Ensuring all technical aspects of the study is performed in compliance with the study protocol, departmental & company procedures
- Maintaining technical equipment and associated documentation in accordance with client/regulatory expectations
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and in particular those relating to Animal Welfare, GLP and Health & Safety
- Actively participating in the mentoring of new Team Members, to provide training in pre licensed baseline techniques and procedures as well as training level 1 procedures
Licensed Animal Technician - We Offer:
Get ready to redefine what’s possible and discover your extraordinary potential at Covance. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to personally advance healthcare and make a difference in peoples’ lives with your bold ideas and unique point of view. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you’ll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
Join us as we speed the delivery of ground breaking therapies and anticipate tomorrow’s drug development challenges, creating new possibilities for our clients—and your career.
Licensed Animal Technician - You:
Education / Qualifications
- Proficiency in both Maths and English; gained through either academic study or professional work experience
- Educational standard may include an Institute of Animal Technology qualification, a relevant BTEC National/Higher National Diploma or relevant degree or equivalent
- A Home Office Personal License is a necessity for this role
To be successful in this role you must have previous experience of working with animals within the full life phase and ideally you’ll have experience of working within the reproductive phase. Experience in Juvenal dosing would be highly beneficial. We could also consider candidates with experience in reproduction from a breeding facility that have an interest in research. The ability to work within a team and meet deadlines is required in this rapidly growing team.
To submit your CV for this exciting Licensed Animal Technician opportunity, please click 'Apply' now!