Are you an LGV Driver with a Category C or C+E licence looking for a new challenge?
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
We are now looking to recruit an LGV Driver to join our St Austell Collections Unit, working 45 hours per week, Monday to Saturday.
As an LGV Driver, you will drive and operate vehicles and equipment safely, compliantly and incident free whilst maximising profitability and efficiency. You'll follow direct and written instructions from the Collections Business Manager.
You will ensure the Near Miss Pad is carried and is used to identify any risk to yourself or others, as well as report any near miss incidents. The LGV Driver will also produce a Tachograph print out at end of each shift to ensure that hours and working arrangements are within legal limits.
The Ideal LGV Driver:
- Experience of driving LGV vehicles in a commercial environment
- Thorough working knowledge of current legislation of LGV driver hours including WTD
- Good geographic knowledge of the area
- Full Driving Licence, Category C or C+E and Driver CPC are essential
- Excellent customer service skills
Rewards and Benefits:
In return for your hard work as our LGV Driver, we can offer a competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including:
- A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
- A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life.
- Payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Viridor Extras,
- Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands
If you are looking for your next challenge as our LGV Driver, click apply.
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
£Competitive + Benefits