NO TIME WASTERS PLEASE!
We are open Monday to Friday 7.30 - 6pm so your day will involve caring for children aged 2 to 14 years. We provide a breakfast club, pre-school and out of school club.
As a nursery nurse, your main responsibilities will be:
- spending time reading to children, telling stories or listening to them
- assisting children in play
- being on your feet all day, playing inside or outside or providing children with interesting arts and crafts work
- preparing and feeding meals and snacks
- assisting with toilet training and changing nappies
- helping teach children basic hygiene practices such as washing hands
- washing and change children, ensuring that they are clean
- providing comfort and reassurance if children are ill or upset.
Your entire working day will be dealing with children, so you should be patient, fun, understanding, organised and creative. It’s a good idea to research the role thoroughly before embarking on this career path through training and qualifications, to ensure that you are fully aware of the typical duties you may be required to do.