P&O Ferrymasters is a pan-European leader in tailor-made transport, logistics and supply chain solutions. Working across road, rail and sea through its Contract Logistics, Freight Management and Asset Business Units. It operates from more than 20 strategic locations in 13 countries, where 500+ colleagues are united by a passion for customer and service focus.
This is a fantastic opportunity to boost your career into the world of IT support.
As a new apprentice, you will have a passion for all things tech working within a dedicated team providing effective 1st line IT assistance and support across the business.
This employer has an outstanding track record of supporting and developing apprentices.
Step up fast if you feel this exciting role is designed for you.
You will be providing effective first line IT assistance, supporting and maintaining Microsoft Server and Desktop operating systems and Microsoft Exchange environment, plus general maintenance of all IT related hardware/software.
Main role and responsibilities:
- Log/Update/Resolve calls on the I.T Helpdesk call management system (Easy Vista)
- Escalating IT issues within the I.T Helpdesk structure
- Provide remote support to staff via email, telephone and remote control tools
- Diagnosing and resolving technical issues
- Providing support on small- to medium-sized IT projects
- Providing desktop and server support
- Supporting and maintaining MS Windows Desktops
- Setting up and configuring new laptops and desktops
- Installing authorised software laptops and desktops
- Fault finding to laptops and desktops
- Ensuring patches and upgrades are applied to PCs/Laptops
- Advising on acquisitions for IT hardware/software
- Administrative tasks on Mimecast (online email filtering system)
- Setting up new users and disabling expired accounts in accordance with HR requirements
- Be aware of, and act in accordance with, all P&O Ferrymasters policies
- Bring to the attention of your manager any matter that could be detrimental to the wellbeing of the Company
- Carry out any other duties which may reasonably be required by your manager
- Awareness of current IT trends
- Interest in problem solving
- A good understanding of the key tasks listed above (however fully detailed training be provided as your skills and knowledge develop)
- Good communication skills (telephone/ e-mail/ face to face)
- Happy to travel and work in new environments
- Confident and friendly communication with both internal and external customers and end users
- Previous Customer Service experience is an advantage
- Have a professional approach, including conversing with Senior Staff and external customers as required
- You'll have a passion for Tech and may have upgraded or rebuilt a PC in the past
- You'll want to join an effective and focused team, enjoying developing your skills and knowledge.
- 3x GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grade A-C in any subject
- GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above
- All staff members receive 21 days holiday (plus 8 Bank Holidays)
- You get paid sick leave
- Annual review with the potential of a living wage increase in April
- Travel costs whilst attending the QA training centre are fully supported
The employer really supports and develops its apprentices and has worked closely with QA on a number of occasions with strong long term prospects across the business.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.