Palletways is at the cutting edge of the industry, specializing in express palletized freight solutions, both domestically and internationally within 24 European countries. Today it’s a highly visible brand recognized across the UK and beyond. It's reached this position and credibility by building on an extensive record of success.
Palletways also have a fantastic track record of supporting apprentices into the business, and are now seeking a new apprentice to join their team in Lichfield.
This is an excellent opportunity to kick-start your career with a well-known and respected business. The business is able to support your apprenticeship to build your knowledge, experience, as well as help create and establish good working habits that will serve your career well. The role provides a platform to deliver outstanding business support whilst also providing exposure to the world of tech.
Main role and responsibilities:
- Answering general queries by telephone
- Photocopying documents
- Maintaining holiday records
- Organising payment of department bills such as telephone
Whilst this is not an IT apprenticeship, you will be working alongside the IT tech so additional responsibilities will include:
- Ordering equipment for the IT Department
- Quality check documentation before sending
- Assisting with basic configurations
- Undertaking any other tasks/duties as may be reasonably required
Desired skills and Personal qualities:
- Motivated to work & learn, positive attitude
- Enjoy helping people and working in a team
- Being well- organised, thorough and being able to plan and prioritise
- 3x GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject
- And GCSE English & Maths (or equivalent) at grade D or above
Business Administration can often provide a solid foundation as it helps develop fundamental skills that allow high performers to progress in multiple potential directions dependent upon career aspirations, this includes a first stage towards a management role.
This opportunity is almost unique as it also allows for exposure into the world of IT & Tech, which may create further additional future opportunities.
In the last 5 years, the employer has taken on 5 apprentices full time following their placements. All 5 are still employed, having completed their apprenticeships and are developing their careers within the business.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
Start date - October - interview are being arranged now so do not delay in applying.