Kennedys is looking to recruit a Legal Secretary to join the team in Brussels. The successful candidate will support a team of Lawyers providing a comprehensive and pro-active Legal Secretarial service.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Producing a variety of documents from handwritten/typewritten drafts
- Assisting in handling of litigation, including completing pro-forma documentation and any other associated documentation in relation to the preparation of claims and litigation as directed by the lawyers
- Setting up new files accurately and speedily on instruction
- Proofreading documents as and when required by lawyers
- To attend to clients both on the telephone and in person in a professional manner.
What are we looking for?
- Significant experience in a similar Legal Secretary role
- Experience with legal proceedings and case management
- Ability to handle all correspondence and transcribing dictations
- Proficient in Office, including drafting paradigms in Word and presentations in Powerpoint
- Fluent in Dutch and English, spoken and written, French language skills would be desirable.
- Flexible attitude towards working practices and ability to adapt style as required
- Confident in their own abilities and in their approach
- Team player
- To be approachable and responsive to both colleagues and clients
- To be accountable and straightforward
- To be professional and courteous in all dealings
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
Kennedys is a global law firm with expertise in dispute resolution and advisory services. With over 1,900 people worldwide across 37 offices in the UK, Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific and America we have some of the most respected legal minds in their field.
Our lawyers handle both contentious and non-contentious matters, and provide a range of specialist legal services, for many industry sectors but we have particular expertise in litigation and dispute resolution, especially in defending insurance and liability claims.
We welcome high-performing lawyers, business services professionals, secretaries, graduates and apprentices to join our rapidly expanding global firm. Whatever your role at Kennedys, you’ll be involved in exciting and stimulating work, where your input will make a difference.
What do we have to offer?
We’re a fresh-thinking firm, and we’re not afraid to bring challenging new perspectives to the table way beyond the traditional realm of legal services. We empower our clients with a diverse range of ideas, tools and technology to make their lives easier, as well as delivering exceptional results, every time.
We develop careers in an innovative and collaborative global environment, with a variety of training opportunities available. This includes secondment opportunities to clients and our global offices. We believe that supporting individual growth and development puts us in the best position to attract and retain talented individuals. Regardless of role or level, everyone has access to virtual learning opportunities to help you develop your skills when you need to, wherever you are in the world.