This is an administrative role and will suit someone with some insurance office experience as an administrative assistant or in some other support capacity in the insurance sector, looking for their next step within a professional working environment.
Full training will be provided, but an administration or office based qualification gained at college would be useful
Specific duties will include:
- Maintaining the 'enquiries’ inbox as a priority, regularly reviewing all emails and dealing with, or redirecting as appropriate.
- Maintaining the underwriting database by: setting up new enquiries, endorsements, and new clients onto the system and ensuring the creation of paper files, where appropriate
- Chasing outstanding premium
- Chasing information from solicitors, for policy issue, as required.
- Issuing certified copy policies and undertake any pre-underwriting of legal indemnities, within own knowledge, remit and any authority level.
- Building strong and effective working relationships with new and existing clients, and all members of the team.
- General administration
If you are a reliable and confident individual with a can-do attitude, excellent time management and prioritisation ability, plus strong customer / client service skills, then we would like to hear from you.
Despite this being an administrative role, it does hold a lot of responsibility and helps ensure the underwriting function runs smoothly - therefore a confident and driven personality, committed nature and desire to exceed expectations would be some of the preferred characteristics in the ideal candidate
Hours of work 8.30 to 5.30