Dotmatics is a leading global scientific informatics software and services provider, delivering solutions tailored to the modern, highly collaborative and mobile scientific environments. The company provides solutions to several vertical markets, including the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, academia, food and beverage, oil and gas, personal care and agrochemical industries.
Dotmatics’ enterprise solutions are flexible, scalable and configurable, providing effective scientific information management across entire organizations, from discovery research to development and early manufacturing. Dotmatics has significant expertise in scientific informatics, including database management for chemistry and biologics, electronic laboratory notebooks, chemical and biological registration, screening data management, SAR analysis, reporting, and visualization.
An exciting opportunity presents itself for an experienced Contracts Manager on a full time basis. Reporting to the In-House Legal Counsel, you will be responsible for delivering legal services to our global business.
- Negotiating and preparing information technology contracts (including SaaS) across multiple international jurisdictions.
- Providing advice (and managing advice provided by external lawyers) on legal and regulatory issues of importance to the organisation, including international developments and issues in the areas of intellectual property, data protection, open source software and information technology law.
- Advising on commercial matters, including in the areas of trade practices, privacy, contract and some employment law.
- Assisting in the implementation and maintenance of legal management systems.
- Assisting in the development of policies, procedures and training programs for staff on relevant legal issues.
- Legal and policy research where required.
- Experience of software agreements, software evaluation agreements, master service agreements, and confidentiality agreements
- Experience negotiating software licensing agreements including IP, Indemnities, and licensing rights.
- Experience negotiating and preparing information technology contracts, including SaaS contracts.
- Knowledge of intellectual property, privacy and trade practices law.
- Experience working in/with US and Europe is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written, together with the ability to communicate to people in a range of positions.
- Strong drafting skills and attention to detail.
- The ability to work independently and to use initiative.