Legal Counsel - In-House - iGaming
Based: London OR Barcelona
Reports to: COO
Salary: £Excellent package dependent upon experience
The company:Legal Counsel - In-House - iGaming
Do you want to work for a leading online gaming brand? Are you looking to work in a growing market, with an innovative and heavily invested business?
Our client has been operating since 2014 and has since received recognition for Best Casino as well as Innovation from various reputable entities within the industry. They became one of the very first casinos to offer a virtual reality experience and continue to break boundaries through strategic tech and software partnerships.
The role:Legal Counsel - In-House - iGaming
The Legal Counsel will take responsibility for the provision of legal advice throughout the business and general and gambling related matters.
You will work side by side with the Compliance team in order to help the business achieve excellence whilst developing your own legal career, in house.
- You will provide advice on legal queries
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts and agreements
- Maintaining a legal risk register, mapping out legal risks the company faces and setting up action plans to mitigate these risks
- Review and renegotiate contracts and assist with contract enforcements when applicable
- Liaise with externals when necessary, to collate and interpret advice on legal matters
- Keep up to date on changes pertaining legislation relevant to your role and the business
The candidate: Legal Counsel - In-House - iGaming
The ideal candidate will be a qualified lawyer within EU/UK, with minimum 2 years of experience as a practicing lawyer.
- You will be independent and self-motivated, structured and solution focussed
- You will have experience in online gambling and the legislative framework that surrounds the online gambling industry
- Excellent written and spoken English. A second language is a plus, but not necessary
- An ability to deal with ambiguity and make recommendations based on complex and at times incomplete information
Exceptional Legal Officers with experience of working within the Gambling Industry are also welcomed to apply.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team and brand that will offer you greater career prospects and security. If you have a background in Law within the Online Casino, Betting and Gambling Industries then please apply now!