Are you looking for an opportunity to accelerate your career and work with a team of friendly, creative people? Upland Software offers a collaborative work environment full of smart, positive, and passionate people who are respected for their unique talents and empowered to do their jobs well. As a member of this close-knit team, you are encouraged to take good ideas and run with them, pursuing the best outcome for our customers while having fun along the way. If these things are important to you and you're driven by delighting customers, we want to talk with you!
Upland Software is seeking a Legal Counsel to support the General Counsel and Commercial Counsel on a wide range of commercial matters. This role is primarily dedicated to support the commercial sales team and all other business units with commercial needs. We are looking for a junior to mid-level attorney with 2-6 years of commercial contract experience, preferably in the SaaS area and software industry. This is a great opportunity for someone who is motivated, energized, and is a self-starter desiring to being exposed to a variety of commercial transactions and legal challenges. This is also a great opportunity for someone who is looking to advance his or her career by moving to a high-volume, in-house position at a multi-national, publicly-traded software company.
- You will manage, draft and negotiate all forms of company contracts, including but not limited to Master Service Agreements, Sales Orders, Professional Services Agreements, Service Level Agreements, Partner Agreements and Vendor Agreements
- You will provide training to the sales and services teams on processes, compliance and new legislation
- You will advise sales executives and management regarding contractual obligations and interpret terms and conditions
- For M&A activity, you will perform due diligence and integration of acquisition targets in coordination with other departments
- You will handle other project-based work within the scope of the legal department responsibilities on as-needed basis
- 2+ years post qualification experience as a solicitor/barrister in England and Wales (or admitted in another relevant jurisdiction)
- You have an in-depth understanding of contract law and software contract requirements and strong skills in negotiating SaaS agreements.
- You have knowledge of and experience working with global privacy laws, especially GDPR
- You must have excellent organizational skills and be a strong written and verbal communicator, with great attention to detail, common sense and a sense of humor
- You are extremely customer-service oriented with excellent communication and organizational skills and you are able to build strong working relationships with various lines of business and to put yourself in the shoes of those you are advising
- You will have the ability to learn quickly and positively contribute to the team upon your start, you will need to be able to work independently in a constantly changing and sometimes ambiguous and complex environment
- This is a fast-paced environment and being able to work at incredible speed and with focus is a must for this role, you must be able to prioritize responsibilities to manage a large work load with very tight timelines
- Prefer prior experience at technology or software company
- Fluency in French, German and/or Spanish would be an advantage
Upland Software (Nasdaq: UPLD) is an enterprise cloud software company that provides award-winning solutions in Project and IT Management, Workflow Automation and Digital Engagement. Our goal is 100% customer success, achieved through a unified operating platform that delivers the performance, scalability and support that over 2,500 Upland customers worldwide demand every day.
We offer a casual and collaborative work environment, a generous benefits package and significant growth opportunities. Upland is publicly traded software company based in Austin, TX with offices in the US, Canada and the UK.