Legal CounselLocation: Billingham Country: United Kingdom Company Order Number: 9282 Job Family: Legal # of openings: 1
Vacancy: Legal Counsel, Catalyst Technologies
Job Family: Legal
Catalyst Technologies have an opportunity to join as Legal Counsel on a fixed term contract. The Legal Counsel will provide legal support on a global basis across the Catalyst Technologies (CT) business which sits within JM’s Efficient Natural Resources sector. The successful candidate will primarily be advising CT’s formaldehyde business, which is the world leader in advanced proprietary formaldehyde process technologies and catalysts, and will also advise the wider CT business as and when required.
The ideal candidate will have had previous experience either in house or in private practice in a commercial, corporate or IP related discipline and be comfortable advising on complex legal matters under the oversight of the AGC - CT. Previous experience of licensing work would be advantageous but it is not required as full training will be provided.
· Advising on a wide range of domestic and international commercial matters.
· Providing legal support to CT colleagues primarily based in Sweden but also in locations around the world.
· Working closely with business colleagues in order to manage and mitigate a wide range of risks (legal, health and safety, compliance, financial and reputational). A key part of your role will be working closely with business colleagues to shape the right framework pursuant to which JM does business. This will include drafting and negotiating a variety of legal documents and commercial contracts. The principal documents to be negotiated will be plant licensing agreements and related agreements (engineering and material), revamp agreements together with catalyst supply/loading agreements, but will also include review of standard terms and conditions, bespoke agreements, joint development agreements, consultancy agreements and sale/purchase agreements. You will need to not only identify risk, but also think creatively to find solutions to manage that risk in a commercially focussed way.
· Undertaking initial screening and sanctions checks in conjunction with the trade and export control team.
· Working closely with project managers to deal with matters arising during project execution.
· Training and developing business colleagues in both formal group sessions and on a more informal one to one basis so as to ensure that they have the rights skills and behaviours to allow them to reach their maximum potential.
· Providing legal and compliance training to the business (ABC, Competition and Sanctions).
· Promotion of JM’s Code of Ethics to ensure that wherever JM does business we do so in a way that reflects our commitment to doing business ethically and in accordance with our values.
· Managing early stage commercial disputes.
· Managing specialist legal services provided by external firms, such as non-Swedish advice on corporate, commercial, litigation, employment, tax, IP, property and environmental law.
Are you the ideal candidate?
· Qualified lawyer with broad legal experience gained either in a law firm or in an in-house role and current practising certificate Essential
· Previous experience of working in an international environment
· Exposure to corporate, commercial or IP law
· Experience dealing with Compliance matters
· Exposure to intellectual property and competition law
How to apply:
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. A full job description is available on request from UKRecruit. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online
Closing date for applications: Friday 8th November
Are you a returning applicant?
If you do not remember your password click here.