Verifone is a global leader in secure electronic payment solutions at the point of sale (“POS”). Verifone provides expertise, solutions and services that add value at the POS and enable innovative forms of commerce. For over 30 years, Verifone has been a leader in designing, manufacturing, marketing and supplying a broad range of innovative payment solutions and complementary services that enable secure electronic payment transactions and value-added services at the POS. Verifone focuses on delivering value to its clients at the POS where merchant and consumer requirements drive increasingly innovative POS payment capabilities, value-added services that increase merchant revenues and consumer experience and solutions that enrich the
interaction between merchant and consumers. Key industries in which Verifone operates include financial services, retail, petroleum, restaurant, hospitality, taxi, transportation, and healthcare.
Verifone is headquartered in San Jose, California and operates in more than 150 countries worldwide, with a direct presence in more than 45 countries. www.verifone.com
Commercial Contract Manager , this candidate will support the Senior Director for EMEA, the Senior Legal Counsel in the UK and other members of the legal team in all legal operations. This will involve developing a deep understanding of the company’s business operations and strategies, technologies, partner ecosystem and supply chain, and distribution models.
Verifone has a global legal department of approximately 15 personnel including 10 lawyers who are located in the United States, Europe, Asia and Australia. The department includes the full range of legal professionals, whose practice includes commercial, M&A, corporate governance, intellectual property, litigation, securities, compliance, and international trade matters. The law department is highly collaborative, business oriented and dedicated to providing timely and practical client service.
Skills and Desired Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Legal qualification such as a 2.1 or higher law degree or equivalent and LPC
- Experience in a similar role in the UK with specific experience of working with a technology company.
- Excellent presentation skills and communication skills.
- Working as part of a team and collaboration within the larger legal function.
- Possess the ability to work independently and under supervision of senior lawyers
- Possess the ability to develop and maintain a long-term, effective working relationships at all levels of the company with outstanding client service mentality (proactive, immediately responsive, superb interpersonal skills).
- Possess the ability to organise and prioritise tasks, handle high-pressure situations and deadlines in a timely fashion.
- Exhibit a high degree of integrity, discretion, confidence, motivation, and resourcefulness.
- Be able to adapt to changing situations
- Ability to travel to other UK locations (Kent) as necessary
Scope and Responsibilities:
- Negotiate and draft NDAs, contract amendments, novation agreements, letters under the supervision of senior lawyers.
- Assist legal team on projects, due diligence, databases, review of agreements, regulatory and compliance matters
- Oversee and manage all onboarding of suppliers, raising POs, filing and general administration
- Oversee and assisting with the completion and validation of the contracts register of the group companies and assisting in maintenance of other corporate records
- Interacting with clients as necessary
- Work collaboratively and in partnership with the compliance organisation.
- Experienced in-house legal role preferably in technology
- Well-developed communication skills in both written and oral
- Clear and effective communication skills.
- Business-minded with good judgment and ability to support legal department and business partners
- Strong cultural fit with Verifone’s collaborative environment.
- Experience of using iManage, Microsoft Word and Excel, Change-Pro.
- Results oriented and able to execute in a dynamic deadline environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisation skills
- Ability to prioritise different projects
- Uses initiative and work proactively, flexibly, individually and as part of a team
- Articulate, confident, highly communicated and works with integrity
- Client focused and commercially minded
- Communicative and transparent
- Capability to understand and support legal function
- Self-motivated with an ability to maintain high standards and of excellence and results while working independently
- Ability to engage with key business functions and department able to work collaboratively with business/technology groups across the organisation and region
- Naturally able to network, build and maintain relationships
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills both written and verbal