Our Real Estate team work closely with commercial and residential property developers and landowners, commercial landlords and investors, banks and institutional lenders, commercial tenants or business owners. The team has a wealth of experience covering a wide range of real estate issues.
We are looking for a Legal Assistant to provide an efficient and effective administrative support to the Real Estate team in Bath. In ths role your duties will include:
Clients & Service
- Manage an administrative workload under the guidance of a fee earner
- Provide administrative support to fee earners including file-opening, telephone management, audio-typing, filing/ archiving, photocopying, email management, online portal management and dealing with post
- Draft documents and bills, under supervision, using appropriate precedents and templates to accurately reflect fee earner instructions
- Undertake basic legal processes, under supervision, such as obtaining relevant documentation, completing relevant forms and processing monies.
- Undertake legal research where requested by fee earners
- Correspond with clients as necessary through telephone, email, letter and face to face
- Ensure adherence to all affiliations and standards connected to the department
- Check to ensure all work complies with risk management policies and procedures, in particular with regards to file opening processes.
- Deal with new enquiries for the department
Growing the Business
- Provide administrative support for business development and marketing activities including booking facilities and refreshments, booking specialist, preparing presentation materials and associated marketing documentation
- Attend RWK BD events where appropriate to provide support including greeting attendees, registering attendees and providing refreshments
- Take an active part in promoting the firm through Social media channels such as Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
- Update the CRM system to input data and manage the client information through the system including adding contact details, referrals and new clients.
- Support fee-earners by acting as a point of contact for 3rd parties (such as agents, referrers, experts and other solicitors), responding to enquiries and building a good rapport
- Participate in relevant firm wide and department training
- Act as an ambassador for the firm at all times
People & Culture
- Provide support for designated fee earners and act as a resource for the wider team, providing help where required
- Work closely with other members of the team to ensure work is done to expected standards in required time frames
- Manage diaries (both individual and group) to ensure key dates are adhered to
- Liaise regularly with contacts in other departments and the business function teams across the firm, building mutually beneficial relationships
- Coordinate team activities such as meetings, training or social activities
Financial & Operational Excellence
- Make effective use of the relevant firm IT systems, working efficiently and streamlining processes where possible
- Input into procedural changes, making suggestions for improvement and efficiencies.
- Time record for aspects of work where appropriate
Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience in a administrative role within a Real Estate or Conveyancing team
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs, A-C including English and Maths
- Legal or secretarial qualifications are desirable but not essential
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to manage a busy workload
- Focused on delivering excellent client service
- Positive Attitude to Work- Approaches work with positivity and energy and thrives in a busy environment.
- Effective Communicator- Clearly conveys information and ideas through the relevant media. Speaks in Plain English.
- Self Aware- Recognises personal strengths and weaknesses and uses that knowledge to interact positively with others. Maintains a professional impression.
- Team Player- Actively participates as a member of a team. Develops and maintains relationships with others.
- Resilient- Functions effectively under pressure and handles difficult circumstances in a manner that is acceptable to others and Royds Withy King.
- Open to Change- Receptive to new ways of working with the ability to be flexible in approaching tasks and problems.
Royds Withy King is a UK Top 100 law firm with robust commercial, private client, personal injury and clinical negligence practices. It has the combined expertise of over 500 staff across offices in Bath, London, Oxford and Wiltshire and is a founding member of the international network of independent law firms, Interleges.
Royds Withy King uses its experience to put clients ahead of the curve and places client relationships at the heart of everything it does. Royds Withy King achieved eight top tier rankings in The Legal 500 2017 and 39 lawyers were ranked as ‘Leaders in their Field’ in Chambers & Partners UK 2018, both leading guides to the law.
The firm is proud to be ranked for the last five years as a Sunday Times 100 Best Company to Work for. Royds Withy King also received a three star ‘extraordinary’ accreditation from Best Companies in 2017 – one of just six UK law firms to have done so.