CharityLegacy Case & Estate Administration Managerwho has excellent team leadership and organisational skills,with substantial experience in Charity Legacy Administration or Estate Administration within private practice, is required by a well-established Charity based in Reading, Berkshire.
SALARY:£34,688 – £36,729 per annum
BENEFITS:26 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays.The charity offer a generous pension scheme, life assurance and enhanced pay for parenting and sickness leave. In addition, they provide an Employee Assistance Programme, flexible benefits package and discounts and cashback scheme to care for their people.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS:9am – 5pm, 35 hours per week.As a charity, they’re always keen to support flexible working as best they can.
APPLICATION PROCESS:Once we’ve reviewed your CV, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for aCharityLegacy Case & Estate Administration Manager (known within the organisation as a Legacy Case Manager)who has excellent team leadership and organisational skills, with substantial experience in Charity Legacy Administration or Estate Administration within private practice.
Legacy Income is the largest and most high-profile income source for the charity. The efficient and accurate processing of these unique gifts is key to the charities financial and brand health, and it is the role of the Charity Legacy Case & Estate Administration Manager to manage the team to deliver the best outcome for the charity financially, whilst protecting the charity’s brand from negative sentiment as part of the activity.
The second element to the role of the Charity Legacy Case & Estate Administration Manager is to work closely with the Finance and Fundraising Management team to ensure accurate accounting and income forecasting, given the scale of this income source.
As a successful candidate, you will have an exciting opportunity to work in a growing and fulfilling environment where your efforts will be greatly appreciated by the charity and the thousands of people they help.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Charity Legacy Case & Estate Administration Manager
CONSISTENCY & DATA QUALITY
- Manage the Legacy Case team to process all Legacies to the charity consistently and in line with all Policies and best practice
SENIOR CASE ADMINISTRATION SUPPORT
- Offer expertise at a senior level of Legacy Case Administration, including Inheritance and Capital Gains Tax, Will Trusts, Ex Gratia payments and more general probate matters
- Review and manage all request for authorisation/senior sign off on cases
- Oversee all contentious and High Value cases and sign off on all decisions
- Attend Mediations to represent the charity when necessary
- Review 10 cases per team member each month, identify training and development needs, and create an environment of continuous improvement
- Ensure that the team are representing the charity sensitively with brand reputation in mind, during all correspondence with the family, friends and representatives of the deceased’s estate
- Reporting - Work closely with Finance to understand and support the SORP requirements around the reporting of anticipated legacy income, and actively manage and report on movements in the Legacy Accrual Pipeline
- Income- Working with the key supplier and using wider sector research as well as internal data and trend. Annually forecast the next year’s income, and the longer term legacy income forecast for the charity to build into department budgets
- Expenditure - Be responsible for Legacy Case expenditure budget, ensuring that the appropriate procurement controls are in place across the team and that they are consistently applied on all cases in line with the expenditure policy.
- Proactively manage the Solicitor Roster, and ensure that competitive pricing is secured for the charity and ensure this is applied across all cases
- Manage the legacy case team to ensure proportionate and appropriate case load is established, and that this, and progress is monitored.
WORKING AT THE CHARITY
Working at the Charity is much more than just a job. Through the values that guide their work, they make a real difference, and change lives.
The Charity believe that wellbeing at work is about creating an environment to promote a state of contentment which allows all employees to flourish and achieve their full potential for the benefit of themselves and for the Charity.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
- Proven Line Management experience
- Previous experience within Charity Legacy Administration or Estate Administration within private practice
- Experience in any of the following areas would be highly beneficial: Probate Law, Charity Law, UK Tax Law, Charity Legacy Administration, Fundraising Regulator Codes linked to Legacy Giving and Next of Kin communication, GDPR principles
- Ability to scrutinise Estate Accounts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A relevant legacy/probate law qualification, including a Certificate in Charity Legacy Administration (CiCLA) and/or STEP would be desirable but is not essential
- Experience of working with information databases for management information and understanding data in and out processes is desirable
- Experience of SORP accounting standard and the impact that has on Legacy Income Reporting is desirable
- Eligibility to work in the UK
As this role requires an Enhanced Disclosure check the start date for the successful candidate will only be confirmed upon receipt of the check.
The Charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children, young people and vulnerable adults with whom they work. They expect all of their employees and volunteers to fully share this commitment.
Please note: we reserve the right to close any of our vacancies early.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once we’ve reviewed your CV, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement may also be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
Full-Time, PermanentJobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work inReading, Berkshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awdonline | http://www.awdo.co.uk
+ Excellent Benefits