Our client is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
With the ability to deliver a range of Sport and Public Service units across the full range of the department's provision, you will be an inspiring lecturer who is gifted in delivering varied and imaginative sessions and will have a record of good retention and success rates.
The successful candidate will have experience of teaching on a Sport and Public Services courses and ideally experience of working within the sports industry or in one of the uniformed services e.g. army, navy, air force, fire or police services. As well as your relevant industrial experience and current knowledge, you will have an appropriate subject qualification to degree or equivalent. You will also hold or be willing to study for a relevant teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE or equivalent).
The main duties of the post holder are:
- To teach and assess across a range of courses including Level 2 Diploma's in Sport/Uniformed Public Services, BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma's in Sport/Uniformed Public Services and the Higher Education provision in Sport/Public Services.
- Play an active role in the marketing of the College and the Department through such activities as open days and through liaison with local employers and schools.
- Engage in core duties including preparation, marking, monitoring student progress, preparing reports, setting and marking of examination papers, developing and preparing flexible learning materials
Required Skills and Experience:
- Has a relevant teaching qualification (PGCE (PCET) or equivalent) or willingness to train for one.
- Experience of teaching Sport and/or Public Services units/course's and/or experience of working in the Sports industry or one of the uniformed services e.g. army, navy, air force, fire or police services.
- Experience / qualifications to teach on HE Programmes (HNC/HND) in Sport/Public Services is desirable.
- Ideally has relevant teaching experience within the FE sector.
What's in it for you?
The college offers an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 days annual leave (plus a 2 week Christmas closure period)
How to apply
To apply for the role of Lecturer in Public Services, please click 'Apply Now'
There are two full time permanent positions available - one based at the Newcastle Campus and one based at the Stafford Campus. Please indicate which location you are applying for within the application.
The closing date for completed applications 16th June 2019
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
£23,431.00 - £33,252.00 per year