Brockenhurst College has an exciting opportunity for a Lecturer in Spanish to join their team from September 1st 2020. Working on a part time, permanent basis you will receive a competitive salary of £20,008 - £36,480 pro rata. Please note the role could also combine the hours allocated to the Spanish language assistant.
We are a high-achieving college which attracts around 3,000 sixth form students across the region each year. We are based within the stunning New Forest National Park and offer our students a huge range of courses and superb facilities. We are looking for an outstanding individual who shares our vision for high aspiration and achievement for all. We expect the post holder to make a significant individual contribution to the curriculum area’s ongoing success and extra-curricular programme.
The post would suit an ambitious team member who enjoys teaching and working with 16-19 year olds and an individual who would be an excellent role model. We would expect the successful candidate to be a highly effective classroom practitioner with a proven track record of delivering results. You will have high expectations and professional standards, an ability to inspire and enthuse others and a commitment to ensuring our students achieve their potential.
The appointee will:
- Teach on courses as agreed with the Head of Curriculum
- Support the students through a blended learning approach
- Act as Course Leader, when requested
- Prepare and mark student work, monitoring progress towards individual targets
- Work closely with other colleagues to respond to the needs of students
- Pay due attention to the principles of inclusive learning
- Contribute to the design, delivery and future planning and development of the curriculum
- Contribute to the teaching/learning resource bank including e resources for the relevant subject/courses
Key skills, responsibilities and attitudes required include:
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification in relevant subject area to include Spanish
- Excellent teaching skills
- Able to manage learners and learning effectively
- Able to develop effective learning resources
- Knowledge and understanding of current developments in Spanish A level
- Supportive and positive approach to teaching and learning
- Effective team player
- Good administrative and organisational skills. Effective communication skills
- Able to meet tight deadlines and handle pressure and a range of demands
- Good-humoured, energetic and enthusiastic
- Ability or willingness to use and develop Information Learning Technology and other IT applications
- Access to onsite Gym, Tennis/Badminton courts, Football pitches (indoor & out)
- Weekly staff Yoga and Football
- On-site Nursery offers childcare at superb rates in and outside of term time
- Enrolment into the Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Free eye care vouchers
- Free secure onsite parking
- Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel and healthcare
- 37 days leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff) and an option to purchase further leave through our Annual - Leave Purchase Scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided externally to the College. This is a completely confidential service and is free to all members of staff at the College.
Closing date: 14/08/2020
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Lecturer in Spanish role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.