An exciting opportunity to join our outstanding team at Brinsbury Campus as a Lecturer in Equine. This is a part time position working 29.6 hours per week and in return you will receive a competitive salary pro rata of £20,878 - £36,650 (pro rata) per annum (i.e. £16,702.40 - £29,320 per annum).
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 3 Colleges: one at Chichester, one at Crawley and one at Brinsbury near Pulborough, which is land-based. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.
In return as our Lecturer in Equine we will offer you:
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Parental benefits including childcare vouchers
- Discounted private medical care
- Subsidised local gym membership
- Other high street discounts plus more
As our Lecturer in Equine your role will be to deliver creative and innovative lessons to students working from Level 1 to 5. You will undertake teaching activities in the curriculum area, ensuring a high quality of provision, in response to learners’ needs.
Key responsibilities of our Lecturer in Equine:
- Undertake teaching and learning related activities, including tutoring, as agreed.
- Ensure that appropriate learning materials are prepared and assessments and assignments are undertaken in a timely manner.
- Undertake administration and provide reports and statistics regarding student and teaching matters.
- Take an active role in the achievement of high individual student retention and success rates, meeting or surpassing the relevant targets for each.
- Develop curricula and learning activities, taking into consideration literacy and numeracy development, and equality and diversity.
- Understand personal responsibilities in relation to Safeguarding.
- Keep up-to-date with current issues, changes, and policies relating to the educational sector.
- Participate in marketing activities and promote the College for the purpose of gaining sponsorship, advertising, good public relations and increased recruitment.
- Undertake the delivery of literacy and numeracy.
Our ideal Lecturer in Equine should have the below skills and experience:
- Level 5 (or equivalent), or above in Horse Management, or related Equine qualification
- Level 2 literacy and numeracy
- Relevant experience in equine
- Microsoft Office applications
- Proactive and positive approach to work
If you would like to learn more about our Lecturer in Equine role then please click ‘Apply’ today!
Closing date: Thursday 6th June 2019
Interview date: Thursday 20th June 2019
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.