We are looking for a Lecturer in 14-16 Alternative Provision to join our team based at our Chichester and Brinsbury Campuses. The role is a part time, permanent position working 22.2 hours per week and in return you will receive a competitive salary pro rata of £20,878 - £36,650 (i.e. £12,526.80 - £21,990) per annum.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 3 Colleges: one at Chichester, one at Crawley and one at Brinsbury near Pulborough, which is land-based. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.
As our Lecturer in 14-16 Alternative Provision you will undertake teaching activities in the curriculum area, ensuring a high quality of provision, in response to learners’ needs. You will also work collaboratively and innovatively with managers and colleagues to design, develop, manage and review programmes in the curriculum area.
In return as our Lecturer in 14-16 Alternative Provision we will offer you:
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Parental benefits including childcare vouchers
- Discounted private medical care
- Subsidised local gym membership
- Other high street discounts plus more
Our Lecturer in 14-16 Alternative Provision responsibilities:
- Undertake teaching and learning related activities, including tutoring, as agreed
- Ensure that appropriate learning materials are prepared and assessments and assignments are undertaken in a timely manner
- Undertake administration and provide reports and statistics regarding student and teaching matters
- Take an active role in the achievement of high individual student retention and success rates, meeting or surpassing the relevant targets for each
- Develop curricula and learning activities, taking into consideration literacy and numeracy development, and equality and diversity
- Understand personal responsibilities in relation to Safeguarding
- Keep up-to-date with current issues, changes, and policies relating to the educational sector
- Participate in marketing activities and promote the College for the purpose of gaining sponsorship, advertising, good public relations and increased recruitment
- Undertake the delivery of literacy and numeracy.
Our Lecturer in 14-16 Alternative Provision should have the below skills and experience;
- Level 3 (or equivalent) qualification
- Level 2 literacy and numeracy
- A Certificate in Education or Post Graduate Certificate in Education
- Relevant industrial/commercial/subject experience
- Experience of working with challenging young people
- Experience of teaching and assessing learners
- Working knowledge of effective behaviour management strategies
- Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Powerpoint
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Lecturer in 14-16 Alternative Provision then please click ‘Apply’ today!
Closing Date: Thursday 6th December 2018
Interview Date: Thursday 10th January 2019
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.