About the opportunity:
We currently have a vacancyfor a Learning Support Assistant(LSA).The vacancy is open to all LSAs to join our dedicated Special Educational Needs department supporting students requiring additional help, but it would be advantageous if you haveaspecialty in Numeracy. The role requires patience, kindness and empathy in encouraging the most under-confident to achieve. It also requires the successful post holders to be a good role model for all students within the school.
The school has a strong academic reputation that has gone from strength to strength and shows the hard efforts of staff and students.This is an excellent opportunity to work in partnership with the teaching staff in the school and staff from other schools that make up The White Horse Federation. The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College ispassionate and committed to ensuring that our curriculum is engaging and inspiring, with high levels of creativity and innovation in our teaching and learning.
The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form Collegeis committed to ‘inspiring learners for their future’. We are an ambitious 11-18 school with 1650 students, 230 of which are Sixth Form.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- An excellent Learning Support Assistantwho loves working with children and helping to inspire them to achieve high standards and realise their potential;
- A great team player who can work successfully in collaboration with others and contribute towards the school ethos and its school improvement activities;
- Someone who enjoys the challenge and can bring the vision, passion and drive to raise standards in all aspects of school life;
- Be fully committed to working collaboratively with the wider school community and across the federation;
- Able to make a significant contribution to the wider life of our School;
- Have experience of working with children with social, emotional and mental health difficulties; and be fully aware of the key elements of nurture provision.
- Able to positively promote inclusion and have high expectations for all children.
We can offer you:
- An attractive working environment with excellent facilities and supportive families;
- A committed, hardworking and supportive team;
- 100% focus on improving outcomes for the children in our school;
- Well-resourced classrooms;
- A group of children with a passion for learning.
More information about the school can be found on our website www.ridgewayschool.com/
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this we believe you should be rewarded. As a White Horse Federation employee you will have access to benefits listed below.Some benefits are accessible by all staff irrespective of their contract type (T). Some are only eligible to permanent (P) employees following a successful probation period as noted:
- Car Purchase scheme (P)
- Reward Gatewaydiscounts (P&T)
- Cashback healthcare plan (P&T)
- Discounted gym membership scheme (P&T)
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme (P)
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service (P&T)
- Excellent Pension scheme (P&T)
Why Work WithUs:
The White Horse Federation (TWHF) is a not-for-profit multi-academy trust that supports and sponsors many primary, secondary and special schools across Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Swindon, Oxfordshire and Berkshire.
Its shared vision for excellence through partnership means it is also committed to keeping the best of what makes a local school great – in other words, the type of schools where TWHF colleagues would be proud to send their own children.
TWHF combines a relentless drive for academic excellence with a shared moral purpose and shared values, while ensuring that fun and happiness are a key attribute of each of its schools. TWHF believes that partnership-working with its schools, pupils and their parents, as well as the wider community, helps creates the best possible outcomes for all children.
TWHF empowers its colleagues through support, training and career opportunities to recruit and retain outstanding staff who are leaders in their field. That way TWHF can ensurethat every student achieves their full potential, regardless of background, culture, heritage or ability.
The White Horse Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful for this position you will be expected to apply for a disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service before appointment is confirmed. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview.