Learning Support Assistant LSA (SEN) - Thorney
We are recruiting for Learning Support Assistants to join our Education Team at the beautiful Calman Colaiste post 16 SEN college in Thorney, near Peterborough.
About the job:
As a Learning Support Assistant, you will be key in helping young people (16-25 cohort) with complex needs in an educational setting. This is a challenging role, but the rewards are incomparable to any other job. You will be working in an environment where the little things that you do every day could have life-changing results. Your ambition for the young people you support will help them take steps to fulfilling their potential
What would I be doing?
- Supporting the Class Tutor and working together to review the progress of each pupil.
- Assist in carrying out programmes devised by a multi-disciplinary team, such as Speech and Language Therapists, Physiotherapists and Educational Psychologists.
- Assist in objective work with the pupils to ensure positive outcomes in line with the curriculum.
- Contribute to the development of the pupils through the provision of a healthy lifestyle and a variety of appropriate stimulating activities.
- Appropriately support pupils to manage their behaviour in line with their Individual Pupil Care Plan (IPCP)
- Support pupils to develop their communication skills in a method appropriate to them.
- Ensure that the classroom is well presented and safely maintained.
- Complete hand over documentation and reporting accurately and within set timeframes
- Take ownership for developing own skills, knowledge and experience as outlined in personal development review.
What experience or qualifications would I need?
- Experience of working with young people in an Educational setting (ideally Special Educational Needs)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to include computer literacy
What would I get in return?
- This role offers a salary of £14,859.92 per annum for a 33.75 hrs working week.
- 65 days holiday allowance.
- Extensive training packages with time rostered out of your work rota to attend.
- Life Assurance.
- Genuine career development opportunities for those who want them.
- A beautiful college and grounds to work within.
- Full funded DBS checks.
About Kisimul Group:
Kisimul Group Ltd are a group of independent specialist schools and adult provisions providing exceptional residential care and award-winning education to children, young people and adults with a diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorder, severe and complex learning difficulties, global development delay and associated challenging behaviour.
Kisimul is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults, children and young people, and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Kisimul is committed to valuing diversity and promoting equality for all.
All applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS Check.
Kisimul Group Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.