Job Title: Learning Support Assistant (1:1) - Grade 5
Location: Leicester, LE6 0ZA
Duration: Fixed Term, 2 days per week and term time only until July 2019
Pay Rate: £8.82 - £9.02
The successful candidate will work with a child with special educational needs in Foundation Stage.
(All posts are linked to external funding and therefore duration could be subject to change)
This post involves supporting a child with an EHCP in Foundation Stage in a mainstream classroom.
We offer you:
* A happy, friendly and welcoming school - come and have a look!
* An exciting opportunity to work with children who are very keen to learn
* A caring and supportive work environment
* High quality support for your professional and personal development.
We are looking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant who:
* Has experience of working with children with emotional, social and behaviour problems as well as early trauma
* Has experience of working with children with autism
* Is qualified to a minimum of NVQ Level 2 in Supporting Teaching & Learning or equivalent
* Holds a GCSE Grade C (or equivalent) in Maths & English
* Is committed, caring and hard-working
* Is able to liaise with outside agencies
* Has a love for working with children
* Can build a worthwhile relationship with a fantastic pupils
* Has experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs
* Is motivated, well organised, patient, adaptable and able to use their own initiative.
Please take every opportunity to come and have a look at our school - visits can be arranged through the school office.
Be the best you can be
Please note: CVs are initially being accepted for this role. An application form must be completed.
Our client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
£8.82 - £9.02 per hour