Learning and Development Specialist
We are looking for a Learning and Development specialist to use their skills and knowledge to drive performance, inspire change and unlock potential, to help a leading Christian charity to achieve its mission.
Position: Learning and Development Specialist
Location: Office-based in Fleet (with free parking and just a 15-minute walk from Fleet station)
Salary: £28,100 pa
Hours: Full-Time: 35 hours per week from Monday - Friday, 9.00- 17.00.
Benefits: Enhanced pension scheme, 25 days' annual leave plus Bank Holidays, non-contributory pension scheme (10% employer contribution), enhanced holiday allowance, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance (on completion of probation period), Income Protection & Group Life cover.
Closing Date: 9.00 am 25th February 2020
The Human Resources Team undertake a range of activities to support the organisation by providing an excellent model of best practice and professionalism in meeting the resource and operational needs at individual and organisational level.
About the Role
As the Learning and Development Specialist, you will work collaboratively to implement a learning and development strategy to underpin the charity's mission and provide effective support to its business, now and into the future.
Actively maintaining and promoting the organisations Christian ethos and values, you will live and work in accordance with their Statement of Faith, Core values, Ethos statement and other policies including the commitment to Child Protection.
- Work with the HR Director and Business Partner to design, expand and deliver all training and development programmes based on the needs of the organisation and the individual.
- Drive the design, ongoing development and implementation of on-boarding and Management Development programmes.
- Implement effective reporting processes for Learning and Development activities.
- Source development solutions and consider the costs of planned learning and development activities and keep within budgets.
- Organise and coordinate both in-house and offsite learning and development programmes.
- Ensure all L&D policies, procedures and processes are relevant.
- Design, implementation and review of apprenticeship/internship programme.
- Ensure all statutory training requirements are met.
To flourish in this role, you'll need:
- Demonstrable experience within a corporate environment, identifying learning and developing needs.
- Demonstrable experience in designing and delivering exciting and engaging training.
- Proven experience in leadership and management development.
- A passion for everything related to developing people.
- Experience in monitoring and measuring the effectiveness of training.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Core skills - fluent in English and competent in written and numerical work, with proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- A Levels or equivalent.
We need you to be:
- Personally committed to the Christian faith.
- Deeply connected to Compassion's ministry to children.
- Aligned to Compassion UK's cultural attributes.
- A 'people person'.
- Creative, innovative and flexible.
- Able to extend kindness, consideration and respect in all circumstances.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise.
Please submit your application as soon as possible as our client reserves the right to change the closing date of their vacancies. Late applications may be considered.
Please note that our client can only consider applicants who presently have the right to work in the UK and all candidates must be personally committed to the Christian faith and be able to respect, uphold and work within our client's Christian mission, values, culture and faith statements.
Other roles you may have experience of could include Training, Training and Development, Learning, Development, People, People Development, HR, HR Advisor, Human Resources, Learning and Development, Organisational Development, Coaching, Mentoring, Workshop, Charity, NFP, Not for Profit, Charities.