Learning and Development Advisor
Location: Regional Role (East, Midlands/North, Central/South)
Kier Highways are currently recruiting for a Learning and Development Advisor to support the Learning and Development function across the Highways business.The successful candidate will Manage the L&D activity within a region working collaboratively with the L&D manager, L&D coordinators, Early careers team and business teams.
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group with 88 UK offices and over 22,000 employees. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
Kier Highways design roads, bridges and intelligent transport systems (ITS), covering strategic and nationally important roads, as well as local roads serving local communities. Our projects range from major improvements to complete renewals of roads and structures. With specialist teams, we manage complex works from conception through to handover at the end of maintenance periods.
The L&D Advisor will ensure that 'business as usual' activities are effectively delivered in addition to supporting bid activity and mobilisation of new contracts.
· Work with L&D Coordinators to develop and deliver fully integrated Learning & Development plans to support business objectives, meet legislative requirements, maximise employee capability and provide a future talent.
· Work collaboratively with the Early Careers team and contract stakeholders in implementing and supporting Early Careers programmes e.g. graduates, apprenticeships, work experience placements
· Support the implementation of Group and Divisional L&D projects and initiatives.
· Respond to health and safety and compliance audits of L&D provision across the business. Ensure provision meets both legislative requirements and business needs, making recommendations for change/improvement as appropriate.
· Audit and provide reporting against L&D plans including the delivery of administration services for training records and other key activities.
· Support the business in identifying, developing and maximising capability, recommending and delivering a range of L&D solutions to meet business need
· Support contract mobilisation via development and delivery of detailed training plans to assure the business that all new employees are safe to work. Working closely with the relevant Health and Safety and contract managers who set role standards and auditing against those standards.
· Support the Business Development team in their bid activities through the provision of high quality information with a particular emphasis on identifying the extent to which new employees meet required standards. Devising and implementing plans to quickly bring to required standards
· Build and maintain an up to date knowledge of L&D best practice, including high level of focus on Health and Safety, compliance and technical training, making recommendations to enhance divisional provision and influence the L&D agenda
Key Skills and Qualifications:
· A competent HR or L&D practitioner with recent experience in successfully advising on, implementing and delivering L&D interventions in a commercial environment.
· A proven ability in co-ordinating, planning and managing training compliance and adhoc.
· Up to date knowledge of L&D best practice interventions and the ability to develop and deliver those interventions.
· Effective networking, relationship building and written/verbal communication.
· Proven expertise in coaching and mentoring of operational employees and junior level managers
· Strong organisation skills with the ability to work on own initiative, to tight deadlines in a demanding environment
· Collaborative team player with the ability to work effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders and partners for the delivery of training interventions.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Works, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
· Experience of prioritising workload across projects.
· Ability to work flexibly across UK locations and possessing full driving licence.
· Experience of working in public sector organisations and/or with exposure to contract transition activity would be advantageous
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.