We are looking for a Learning Assistant to join the Learning Support team based at Crawley College to support the teaching and learning of students requiring additional help with their programmes of study across various areas within College. You will join us on a part time, permanent basis, working up to 32 hours per week over 36 weeks per year (evening and weekend work may be required). In return you will receive a competitive salary of £17,648 per annum pro rata, plus £610 per annum pro rata Crawley Weighting allowance.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 4 Colleges: one at Chichester, one at Crawley, one at Worthing and one at Brinsbury near Pulborough, which is land-based. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.
In return for joining us as our Learning Assistant, we will offer you:
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Discounted private medical care
- Subsidised local gym membership
- Other high street discounts plus more
Key responsibilities of our Learning Assistant:
- Support within and outside the classroom the learning and emotional/social/behavioural needs of students receiving additional support in accordance with College policies
- Provide support for personal care where necessary
- Provide life saving medication where necessary
- Assist the Learning Support and Welfare Manager, Learning Support Team Leaders and Lecturers in the preparation and adaptation of learning materials/resources
- Take part in and ensure the smooth and effective administration of the provision
- Produce accurate records
- Assist in the assessment of student needs
- Continually review the students’ support needs
- Attend team and all other meetings regarding both student and curriculum development
- Liaise between the Learning Support Team Leaders, Student Tutors and Lecturers on a daily basis
Our ideal Learning Assistant should have the below skills and experience:
- GCSE English at grade C or above, (or equivalent)
- Maths GCSE at grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Effective organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of working with people with learning difficulties and disabilities is essential
- Experience of working with 14-16 year olds who demonstrate challenging behaviour would be an advantage
- Safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and Prevent
- Time management skills, organisational skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a confidential manner
If you would like to learn more about our Learning Assistant role then please click ‘Apply’ today!
Closing date: Thursday 28th November 2019
Interview date: Wednesday 11th and Thursday 12th December 2019
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.