Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
Position title – Engineering, Facilities and HSE Leader
At Elanco we understand the powerful role healthy animals play in making lives better. As pets increasingly become important parts of our families, so too does the need to help them live longer, healthier, higher-quality lives. As the global population grows, so too will the need to meet the demand for safe, affordable food for all. Since our start at Eli Lilly and Company in 1954, Elanco has been working to empower our customers—from veterinarians to food producers to all those concerned with animal health—to address these global challenges, and advance a vision of food and companionship enriching life. We strive to develop and deliver products safe for consumers, animals and the environment through innovation and a shared vision to enrich the life of people worldwide.
Provide leadership and oversight of plant assets and ensures equipment and facilities are fit for use and available to competitively supply products with safety first and quality always. Lead the Health, Safety and Environmental Team ensuring compliance with Elanco and external agency regulations.
In collaboration with the other Functions (Quality, Finance, Technical Group,…) and the End User, lead the design and execution phases of Capital Projects for the site, ensuring delivery of the Projects in a timely manner, with the right level of Quality and on budget.
The role is part of the Site Lead Team who together with the General Manager is responsible for the oversight of the Elanco Speke Operations ensuring product supply, strategic direction for the plant organisational development and continuous improvements of the manufacturing operations.
In addition, Engineering & Facilities Leader has responsibility for resources assigned to certain key site priority projects.
The Engineering and Facilities Leader will have a dotted line reporting relationship from the IT Group.
Functions, Duties, Tasks:
- Ensure the Engineering & Facilities team provide support to enable the site to meet priorities across a balanced scorecard (Safety, Quality, Supply and Financial) using the Elanco house of manufacturing as a guiding principle
- Lead the Health, Safety and Environmental Team ensuring compliance with Elanco and external agency regulations. Support the Emergency Response Team and Management Control Group. Support the continued development of the site’s safety culture
- Provide oversight of the Facilities Management Service Provider per the requirements of Integrate Facilities Management Contract
- Provide leadership and strategic direction setting for:
- Site Strategy
- Engineering standards and EGQS FUMECS system
- Facilities and equipment lifecycle
- Maintenance and Reliability
- Health, safety and environmental standards
- People Management:
- Serve as a coach for direct Reports and individual contributors who provide technical and special project leadership for the site utilising the Elanco PM process
- Ensure that the pool of technical resources on site is continually strengthened and focused optimally to enable the site goals
- Ensure key technical resources build networks with corporate and other Elanco sites to enable optimal solutions corporate-wide
- Ensure resources have appropriate external links for standard setting
The role reports to the Site General Manager
The Engineering & Facilities Leader is responsible for the following constituent teams providing a range of support operation and services for the site:
- Maintenance and Reliability Engineering
- Facilities Management through an outsourced model
- Capital Project Delivery Team
- Health, Safety and Environmental Team
Minimum Qualification (education, experience and/or training, required certifications):
- Engineering degree (or equivalent)
- Strong proven experience in Engineering/Maintenance, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally
Proven leadership of teams both directly and indirectly
- Practical knowledge of GMP
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status