Lead UI Developer - Worcester, UK
With a rich heritage of more than 30 years, offices in 16 locations worldwide and more than 1,000 team members globally, GBG proudly stand as the global technology specialist in fraud, location and identity data intelligence. We support businesses and enable customer growth by protecting companies and governments to fight fraud and cybercrime, lower cost of compliance and improve customer digital onboarding experience in today’s digital economy. Find out more here.
The Technology teams’ vision is to build and deliver the best possible products for our customers across Location, Identity and Fraud. We have a team of the best and most engaged people, move at pace to deliver for our customers, whilst acting collaboratively and driving innovation in everything we do. You’ll be part of the delivery team for GBG’s Identity business unit working on building a brand new self-serve web platform. The team is focussed on developing solutions taking advantage of the latest in scalable web technologies.
As a Lead Front-end Web Developer you will be leading a team of developers who are working on a fully-fledged self-serve web portal for our suite of products with the aim to be able to rapidly add new products and services to the portal. You will take ownership of maintenance of the portal on an ongoing basis and developing web tools which enable our customers to integrate our products with zero supervision. You’ll also:
- Provide technical leadership and help to continually improve an engaged delivery team
- Ensure the team can deliver to their commitments through helping to manage the resolution of blocking issues
- Coach, mentor and advise other members of the delivery team to help them continually improve their skills and become better
- Set and monitor effective software quality standards used within the team
- Challenge the status quo (technologies and/or processes) to help improve delivery within the team
- Break down proposed developments into short sprints
- Be forthcoming about ideas and continuous improvements for any of our components
- Develop and deploy UI components, websites and APIs
- Actively maintain and improve the UI components, websites and APIs once they are delivered
- Troubleshoot and resolve bugs
- Experience of working in agile/scrum environments and a good understanding of continuous delivery practices
- Excellent coding skills demonstrated by experience of providing technical leadership and support to experienced developers
- The ability to manage team level deliverables, managing prioritisation and commitments
- Experience developing with React + Redux
- Experience with Angular
- Experience using Webpack type components
- Experience using Git
- Understanding of CI/CD deployment pipelines
What’s in it for you?
We have a vision to have the best and most engaged team members in the industry. People matter at GBG, they make us who we are. Every team member across all our locations makes a difference and everyone has something to contribute.
If you’re interested, please apply or if you’d like to hear more about the role and benefits then contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re looking to hire the best and most engaged people into our business and we’ll make an offer once we’ve found that person.