Cambridge Environmental Assessments is part of RSK ADAS. With over 75 years’ experience, ADAS has a track record of providing environmental consultancy and research expertise to an enviable range of clients both in the private and public sector. We are a recognised and highly respected leader in the environmental and rural sectors.
ADAS sits within RSK Group Ltd, which is one of Europe's leading multidisciplinary environmental consultancies and is ranked number 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK. There has never been a more exciting time to join.
Cambridge Environmental Assessments (CEA) provides strategic and dossier support for chemical and product registrations across Europe, encompassing agrochemicals, biocides, veterinary medicines and other chemical products. We specialise in designing and conducting higher tier studies, toxicology and ecotoxicology hazard characterization and risk assessments for chemicals, biocides, pesticides, and food contact materials compliance, etc. CEA has a well-earned reputation for providing higher tier, non-standard support for challenging products in an increasingly demanding regulatory environment.
Lead Toxicologist/ or PrincipalToxicologist/ or Senior Toxicologist – Boxworth, Cambridgeshire, UK or home-based
To develop, manage and lead toxicological regulatory work for commercial clients, within a varied, dynamic and supportive environment.
This will involve:
- Leading the commercial development of CEA’s toxicology offer, working to grow the current business and lead toxicology sales initiatives
- Providing strategic toxicology advice to commercial clients and supporting colleagues where appropriate
- Leading and managing toxicology projects throughout the project cycle (including scoping the work, planning the resources and ensuring timely and profitable delivery)
- Leading the delivery of technical reviews, investigations and other desk based assessments in support of commercially funded projects, overseeing the input of others as required
- Advocating on behalf of clients, developing and maintaining good client relationships and supporting clients through registration processes
Successful candidates will:
- Be an imaginative toxicologist with a very good grasp of general toxicology and human health risk assessment.
- Be able to network effectively and have a desire to grow and develop current business opportunities.
- Ideally hold a post graduate degree (or equivalent) in a relevant scientific discipline.
- Be a member of a Professional Register in Toxicology (e.g. ERT).
- Have a working knowledge of chemical use and regulation as relevant to human health within the industrial chemical/agricultural/environmental sectors in the UK and Europe.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills, good organisational and planning skills, and good interpersonal and team working skills
- Have a willingness to work flexibly, and occasionally travel within Europe
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive salary (salary range available on request); including a negotiable bonus arrangement.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care.
- Regular training and career development.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
Applications are being reviewed as received and successful candidates invited for interview andmust be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer