Technology is now driving innovation across every industry and changing at a rapid pace. For businesses these changes present new opportunities but also bring challenges to the increased complexity of change involved. Within KPMG’s Technology Consulting business, we leverage technology to help achieve clients' business strategy and help deliver sustainable business benefits.
In particular, in our Financial Services Technology Enablement practice we help our Banking (retail, corporate and investment banking) & Insurance clients to build and manage large–scale, multi–country, complex, technology–enabled business transformation programmes. We drive this transformation through the adoption of Cloud based technologies and have strategic relationships with Amazon, Google, Microsoft and IBM to name a few.
In our Financial Services DevOps capability within the Financial Services Technology Enablement practice, we develop and manage cloud based solutions for our clients. As an integral member of DevOps capability you will be working with a talented mix of product managers, solution/cloud architects, cloud engineers, software engineers, test automation engineers & site reliability engineers to plan, build, deliver and manage products & solutions. Solutions are always client issue led and can vary in size and range from automated client onboarding, online banking to predictive analytics.
Thanks to our ambitious growth plans for the team in adopting a product and services based approach to delivering our solutions, your future here is something to get excited about. As a valued member of the team, you’ll be expected to keep up to date with the tech field and we will gladly sponsor certifications and training courses.
We welcome software engineers with experience in cloud environments who are happy to bring their experiences on board and add another dimension to our solutions. As part of our rigorous recruitment process, we’ll thoroughly test your ability to code and design scalable systems with peerless precision, quality and clarity. To make you the best you can be, we would like you to have:
· A never ending appetite for technology and driving best technology and software development practices into the team with passion and enthusiasm
· Desire to work closely with a multi-disciplined team of technology directors & product managers, solution/cloud architects, cloud engineers, test automation engineers & site reliability engineers
· Passionate about their work and committed to helping the team improve
· Passion for developing solutions that solve client problems
· Depth of experience in an object oriented language (C#, Java, Python)
· Experience and interest in other languages and paradigms
· Solution development and delivery into at least one cloud platform (AWS, Azure, GCP)
· Experience using containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
· Experience with RESTful APIs and microservices best practice
· Experience of ORMs (Entity Framework, Hibernate)
· Worked in and Agile and XP methodology environment (Scrum, pair-programming)
· Utilised SOLID code design and conducted design and code reviews
· Applied a BDD/TDD approach in everything everywhere
· Advanced ANSI SQL scripting capability (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server)
· Experience with NoSQL solutions (AWS DynamoDB, Azure Cosmos DB, CouchDB, Cassandra, Redis)
· Applied secure software development principles in line with standard Information Security frameworks
· Experience with CI/CD (Jenkins/TeamCity, Terraform, Octopus)
Desirable experience and skills
· Experience of integration with logging/monitoring tools (CloudWatch, DataDog, LogStash, StackDriver Monitoring, AppInsights, New Relic, Raygun.io)
· Source control (git)
· Knowledge of test automation frameworks
· Good knowledge and understanding of blue/green deployment and A/B testing
· Knowledge of event based architectures
· Knowledge of Data Warehouses, Data Analytics and Business Intelligence