Posting Date: Jun 3, 2020
Primary Location: Europe, Middle East, Africa-United Kingdom-United Kingdom-Glasgow
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investmentmanagement and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanleyare dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the mostchallenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, teamwork and giving back.
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,500 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment.
Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
The Technology division collaborates with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we dobusiness in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, andinfrastructure give a competitive edge to clients businesses and to our own.
Enterprise Technology Services provides a reliable, secure and agile technical platform for Morgan Stanley’s business applications and operations. ETS enables business operations and delivers collaboration and productivity tools to our internal and external clients. ETS provides production management, quality assurance, and end user services for Institutional Securities and Support Services and delivers first-line defenses to manage the IT risks to the Firm, address the evolving cyber threat landscape, and meet regulatory expectations. ETS also works with Investment Banking to manage the Firm’s strategic relationships with the technology community, including venture capitalists, established technology companies, and start-ups.
Morgan Stanley is seeking an experienced candidate to join its Compute and Storage Engineering (CASE), group with responsibility for simplifying the complexity of application deployment and installation front to back by developing and evangelizing certified OCI deployment patterns for cohesive orchestration of micro services including the ability to gracefully endure application failure and recovery.
Within Morgan Stanley Technology and Enterprise Computing, Compute and Storage Engineering is one of the main infrastructure engineering groups, responsible for a variety of essential
Technology and Engineering aspects such as Agile Engineering, Software Distribution, Platform (IaaS & PaaS) Engineering, Container Linux & DDI Engineering and Client On-boarding.
The successful candidate will have high visibility at the most senior levels and will also work very closely with leaders throughout the Firm and external community.
- Relevant Experience with Docker, OCI standards, strong preference for Docker engineering.
- Relevant experience with Docker/Kubernetes ecosystem techniques (OCI deployments inclusive of seamless authentication, service discovery, data movement, load balancing, traffic management and hosting, service mesh).
- In-Depth knowledge and experience of deploying applications on Kubernetes, strong preference for OpenShift, for both public and private cloud.
- Experience in building cloud native applications.
- Knowledge of DevOps and Agile practice.
- Very good communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Microservice based architecture, industry standards, for both public and private cloud.
- Good understanding of Application configuration techniques such as current Docker configuration practices, Spring Boot/Cloud, more
- Hands on experience with Cloud Application Deployment patterns like Blue-Green
- Hands on experience with Cloud Application Scaling Patterns
- Good understanding of State sharing between scalable cloud components (Kafka, dynamic distributed caching)
- Good knowledge of various DB engines (DB2, etc.) for cloud app storage
- Understanding of Chaos Engineering Patterns, SRE techniques.
Interested in flexible working opportunities Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
** Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees **
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.