Nationwide is investing £1.2b in IT transformation, so it’s never been a more exciting time to join. Building high performing teams plays a huge part in this transformation, which is why we need a skilled Lead Engineer to work within our Specialist Lending Systems teams in Bournemouth.
We need a high-performing individual able to provide technical leadership as we continue to develop and modernise our systems as well as bringing our Enterprise Technology Strategy to life. Experience of Specialist Lending systems would be advantageous.
Who we're looking for
We need somebody with the following:
• Strong leadership and organisational skills
• Strong stakeholder management skills
• Deep Software Engineering Technical experience with the ability to inspire a technical team
• Experience in leading technical teams and making decisions through periods of ambiguity
• Proven capability in defining innovative solutions to complex technical challenges, balancing strategic alignment with on-time delivery and business impact
• Proven ability to work with Architecture and senior stakeholders in multiple business areas to help identify solution constraints and opportunities
• Knowledge of resilience, performance and security engineering techniques
• Proven ability to be accountable for engineering decisions and conformance to guardrails within a technical environment
• Knowledge and experience of DevOps principles and techniques including CI / CD
• Knowledge and experience of the Microsoft Technology Stack
• Knowledge and experience of different data management techniques (relational vs data warehousing vs data lake) and Technologies (e.g. SQL Server / Oracle).
• Knowledge of a range of software patterns and techniques including event-based, API-driven and microservices-based approaches
Ideally, you also have:
• Knowledge of Specialist Lending services and product offerings
• Strong hands on and operational skills
What you'll be doing
You’ll be the Lead Engineer providing technical direction and design authority to the team working with the Technology Lead. We’re looking for both technical depth and the ability to influence others. We want someone who can build technical excellence within a team, and add their expertise to our current, and to be estates.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
• Access to training to help you progress your skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• Option to ‘buy’ 10 days more holiday
• Access to a healthcare scheme
• Discount vouchers for various retail outlets
• Annual performance related bonus scheme
• Company car or allowance
Click apply today and send us your CV.
Please note: To help us do the right thing by our members, all applicants will be subject to a criminal record and credit checks.