Lead Software Engineer
We’re seeking an experienced, energetic and passionate Lead Software Engineer to join our European Development Team. As a Lead Engineer in NantHealth, you will be responsible for the technical leadership of a small agile team tasked with the design and development of new features in order to further enhance our Provider Portal platform. We leverage best of breed technologies and tools across both .NET and Java stacks, so are looking for candidates from either background. Our engineers are expected to be self-starters who can operate effectively under a variety of different situations and types of projects. This role is one in which you can grow your technical leadership and design skills and has been used by current employees as a platform towards roles in architecture and engineering management.
- Act as the technical lead for a team of developers during the design and development of new features and applications or the enhancement of existing capabilities.
- Contribute to architectural initiatives and help drive the technological evolution of our platform
- Maintain a ‘hands on’ approach and actively participate in the implementation of features using object-oriented design and languages (Java and C#)
- Demonstrate deep understanding of software design principles, along with the ability to instill this knowledge in more junior members of the team
- Adhere to and apply overarching internal practices and policies with respect to coding standards, unit testing, source control, and CI
- Work within a Lean Software Development framework to deliver business requirements from analysis and design through to deployment
- Work with the team and stakeholders to deliver estimates for assigned work
- Proactively maintain and share knowledge of best practice software development approaches such as design patterns, 3rd party tools and languages features that are potentially beneficial to NantHealth
- Simplify and suggest improvements to the NantHealth SDLC
What You Bring:
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- Advanced level of programming in object-oriented languages in a commercial environment
- Experience of building strong working relationships within a team environment
- Experience defining APIs and leveraging web based transport protocols such as REST, SOAP to allow integration between services
- Enterprise software development experience with preferably Java and/or C#
- Design and implementation of micro services using Spring Boot
- Experience developing distributed decoupled services in a message driven environment
- Containerization/cloud frameworks such as Docker, Mesos and Kubernetes
What We Bring:
- Annual performance related Bonus
- Individual & Family Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Income Protection Insurance
- Company Pension Scheme (matched to 6%)
- 25 days paid annual leave + 10 public holidays (and option to buy/sell up to 5 days)
- Educational Assistance Programme
- Access to LinkedIn Learning
- Maternity & Paternity benefits
- Regular Social, Charity & Well-being events
- Participation in salary sacrifice schemes such as TechScheme, Cycle to Work Scheme
- Work Life Balance - We get that we all live busy lives, to the degree your role allows, we recognize the need and value of balance and seek to support our employees’ engagement in the pursuit of it.
NantHealth, Inc. is, a member of the NantWorks ecosystem of companies, is a next-generation, personalized healthcare company that enables more effective treatment decisions for critical illnesses and improved patient outcomes by empowering clinical decision support and providing leading software-based solutions and services across the continuum of care for physicians, payers, patients and biopharmaceutical organizations.
NantHealth is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their sex; religious or similar philosophical belief; political opinion; race; age; sexual orientation; or, whether they are married or are in a civil partnership; or, whether they are disabled; or whether they have undergone, are undergoing or intend to undergo gender reassignment.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job and does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.The primary duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job and does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.